PDA

View Full Version : jam the pot...right?

Sundevils21
06-07-2004, 05:16 PM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17 BB, between SB and UTG.</font>

I love checkraising this flop. I think I played the hand fine(I'm never sure though), until the turn. Should I have checked the turn in this situation or bet out? Note, I also picked up a *non nut* straight draw on the turn.

cold_cash
06-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I would be more inclined to bet out on this flop unless you are fairly certain someone in EP is going to bet it. Since everybody limped PF it would suck if it got checked all the way to the button before anyone bet.

I would lead toward checking the turn because it's hard to imagine everyone folding to your bet, and at this point all you have is a draw. (Though with the outs you picked up, you might be betting for value now. I'm too lazy to do the math.)

If you think there is a chance they'll all fold, however, betting is fine by me. (What sucks about betting the turn, obviously, is getting raised. If there's a chance they might fold, and little chance of being raised, bet. If not, check.)

Lost Wages
06-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I would have bet this flop hoping that someone would raise so I could make it three. Nothing wrong with checkraising though. Betting the turn is fine, you have at least 12 outs and maybe 15.

Note, I also picked up a *non nut* straight draw on the turn.

You had it on the flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Lost Wages

Sundevils21
06-07-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You had it on the flop .

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yea, duh.
thanks for the correction
It was a fairly aggro game and I figured the flop would be bet at least 70% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet this flop hoping that someone would raise so I could make it three.

[/ QUOTE ]
Won't that shut out some prospective callers?(2nd or bottom pair...)

Chris Daddy Cool
06-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Flop, I usually bet out because I dont' know where a bet is going to come from, but c/r is of course fine when EP bets.

Turn, I usually just check here, added outs or not. Betting out is a little -EV, as you're now slightly worse than 3-1 to hit a 12 outer against 3 opponents.
However, who knows? They may all fold (unlikely) and you may be "cleaning up" your overcard (ace) outs.

cold_cash
06-07-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if they've already put in 2 bets. No way, no how.

Lost Wages
06-07-2004, 05:41 PM

If someone folds A2/A5 you should be happy.

Lost Wages

Sundevils21
06-07-2004, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if they've already put in 2 bets. No way, no how.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's how the action would have ended up if i bet out and were raised: Hero bets, BB raises, MP?,LP?.
If MP and LP decide they don't want to call two cold, then I lose money on my bet. Then I'm playing heads up, not the situation I want.
You are right though, if both would have called 2 cold, then that play would have been better.
What if only one called 2cold though? Then I 3-pop, and maybe it gets capped maybe not.
Can we get some more opinions on this one? You very may well be right. I just like the cr for some reason here.

Sundevils21
06-07-2004, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If someone folds A2/A5 you should be happy.

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure this is right? Why would I be happy? Because they *could* hit a boat to beat my flush(if it hits)? Or because it cleans up some of my Ace outs(assuming they're good)?
I'm really interested in different theorys on this hand, keep em comin!!!

Lost Wages
06-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Why would I be happy? Because they *could* hit a boat to beat my flush(if it hits)?

No.

Or because it cleans up some of my Ace outs(assuming they're good)?

Yes.
There was no preflop raise and the flop is 852. An ace on the turn will be good a fair amount of the time.

Lost Wages

dfscott
06-07-2004, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet this flop hoping that someone would raise so I could make it three. Nothing wrong with checkraising though. Betting the turn is fine, you have at least 12 outs and maybe 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

And while we're nitpicking, it's actually a straight flush draw. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sundevils21
06-07-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And while we're nitpicking, it's actually a straight flush draw. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll nitpick then too. It's ACTUALLY a straight draw *and* a straight flush draw