PDA

View Full Version : I have No idea if I played this right or not

SofaCoach
06-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button raises, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, MP2 calls, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, SB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 bets, MP2 calls, Hero folds, Button calls.

River: (15.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 bets, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.50 BB, between UTG+2 and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+2 (17.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+2 shows 3d Ac (full house, threes full of aces).
Button shows Jc Jh (two pair, jacks and threes).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 17.50 BB. </font>

I liked this flop with my overpair, raised to charge the flushdraws and overcards. Should I have folded to the 3-bet? I think the turn was an easy laydown, correct?

namknils
06-07-2004, 05:16 PM
I don't mind the one extra small bet on the flop when you're closing the action like this. But you have to know that you are behind after the flop action and it's easy to fold the turn if the six doesn't come.

SnakeRat
06-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Looks good to me, I would have played it the same.

Lost Wages
06-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Let this one go to the first flop bet. With 5 opponents you are going to have to showdown the best hand. The chances of you having the best hand and maintaining it with 2 cards to come are nil. Plus the preflop raiser has yet to act.

Easy call when it's back to you getting 24:1 and closing the action. You are only 22.5:1 against catching a 6, plus you might turn a straight draw.

Lost Wages

SofaCoach
06-07-2004, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let this one go to the first flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's an interesting thought, I never even considered it. I'm thinking that other than flopping a set or miracle straight, this is about the best flop I can get with 66. In a raised pot it's unlikely anyone is holding a 3. I think there is a good chance I have the best hand at this point. As far as 5 opponents, thats why I raised to get rid of all those overcards. I may be behind to the PF raiser (and the 3-bet told me I was).

Lost Wages
06-07-2004, 08:40 PM
In a raised pot it's unlikely anyone is holding a 3.

There were 3 players already in before the raise. Also, someone could eaisly have 77/88/99.

Lost Wages

RED_RAIN
06-07-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm going to have to diagree a lot with LostWages here and say I like the raise on the flop, you could get the PFR to drop AK or AQ or something similar. After a bet on the turn and a caller I think I'm behind after he was three bet.