PDA

View Full Version : Preflop All-in question

greenage
06-07-2004, 04:42 PM
UB, NL. I didn’t grab the hand history after I busted so I can’t be precise, except I’m positive the BB was 60.

I have one of the larger stacks (> t1500) but am not the chip leader.

I pick up AA in EP and raise to ~ t200. MP (the chip leader, ~ t2300) calls and LP (short stack, ~ t450) raises all-in.

I re-raised all-in, the chip leader called and busted both me and the short stack.

My question is about whether this is an auto all-in when the chip leader has already called a pre-flop raise. I mean, EP (chip leader) liked his hand well enough to call my first raise. Do I want to put my stack on the line against him AND the short stack?

I hope this question is not just being results oriented because I got busted. At the time, I did wonder if my all-in was correct for the circumstances and am still not sure.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Hood
06-07-2004, 05:09 PM
All in from me every time. With AA I've got no problem with others liking their hand... against AK and KK you're a
huge favourite (http://twodimes.net/h/?z=343584).

Jsb
06-07-2004, 09:33 PM
if i think i can get called, you bet your ass i'm going all in preflop with AA, under any circumstance that i can think of. i want to get as many chips in preflop as possible, and your move certainly did that. i would push and hope that the chip leader did indeed call, everytime.