PDA

View Full Version : Checkraise flopped set

Ulysses
06-07-2004, 03:54 PM
FYI, Schneids was in MP here. My opponent was unknown, but I hadn't noticed anything idiotic. What do you think of my line here? On the turn, my river plan was to bet and call a raise until the other King came, at which point I decided to 3-bet. When he 4-bet I thought there was a good chance he actually did have KK, but I figured I should probably go ahead and call.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd is CO with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP raises, akshawnd 3-bets, Button caps, SB folds, BB folds, MP folds, akshawnd calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
akshawnd checks, Button bets, akshawnd raises, Button 3-bets, akshawnd calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
akshawnd checks, Button bets, akshawnd raises, Button 3-bets, akshawnd caps, Button calls.

River: (16.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
akshawnd bets, Button raises, akshawnd 3-bets, Button caps, akshawnd calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
akshawnd shows 8h 8c (full house, eights full of kings).
Button shows Ks As (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: akshawnd wins 24.75 BB. </font>

naphand
06-07-2004, 04:11 PM
You failed to CR the River and therefore lost the opportunity for a semi-flownder (full flownder obviously CR/cap the flop).

Nate tha' Great
06-07-2004, 04:27 PM
It's possible that I don't check-raise the flop enough with Very Good hands, since most players read a flop check-raise for a Pretty Good hand.

Ulysses
06-07-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's possible that I don't check-raise the flop enough with Very Good hands, since most players read a flop check-raise for a Pretty Good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this a fair amount HU against opponents I peg as not that good, but thinking players.

stripsqueez
06-07-2004, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i check raise the flop with big hands a lot - i figure the opposite is true - ie that most of my opponents still regard flop bets as matchsticks

this is my standard line - i can make a good argument for capping the turn depending on how mad you think AK will get - lots of opponents who will go berserk with AK on this hand and its hard to judge how mad they are prepared to be

stripsqueez - chickenhawk