PDA

View Full Version : What's your play?

Ric
06-07-2004, 02:11 PM
You can comment on other streets too if you want. I raised the flop because I believed it would buy me a free card. Thanks for your comments.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero raises, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, SB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 bets, Hero ?

Lost Wages
06-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Fold the river unless you think that this guy would bet the flop with absolutly nothing. There is no reasonable hand he could have bet on the flop that doesn't have you beaten.

Lost Wages

SnakeRat
06-07-2004, 04:27 PM
I would bet the turn, and fold to a raise. If he calls and checks to you on the river, check.

I do agree with wages to fold the river the way you played it though.

Lost Wages
06-07-2004, 04:37 PM
The reason I didn't say to bet the turn and fold to a raise is because he has a decent flush draw. With no flush draw that would be the correct line.

Lost Wages

SnakeRat
06-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Oops, overlooked the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif draw, on the turn.

namknils
06-07-2004, 05:21 PM
I like the way you played it, and I fold on the river. I think it's pretty easy to expect to see a King with a medium/weak kicker.

Ric
06-08-2004, 12:03 AM
I folded. I figured that the only thing I could beat would be a bluff, given the action.

bakku
06-08-2004, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I raised the flop because I believed it would buy me a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising this flop for a free card is the wrong play. If you're behind, what are you hoping to see on the turn? A Jack? A spade? If so, fold the flop instead, you are drawing very slim in a small pot. You should be raising this flop because you think you have the best hand, which means you should bet the turn too. You can check behind on the river..