PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 Top Two what to do.

10-02-2001, 01:02 PM
Im in the BB two limpers and the sb and myself call. I have JTo. The flop comes Jh,Ts,5h. sb checks i bet get called by both limpers and the sb check raises, everyone calls. The turn card is 4d, sb checks i bet both limpers call and small blind just calls. The river is 9h. Heres what we got Jh,Ts,5h,4d,9h Now the sb comes out betting i had him on a flush draw or a straight draw what do i do. all comments welcome. results to follow later. Thanks in advance.

10-02-2001, 01:07 PM
You're pot-stuck at this point, so I would call the river. I would have reraised the SB's flop CR though I could see your logic of wanting to raise on the expensive street and force people on the flush draw to pay double. If it gets raised and called behind me i would fold for the additional bet b/c either a flush or straight beats me. I would also have considered going for a checkraise on the flop but it is all preference. You are destined to lose money here, and I'm pretty sure you did.

Jeff

10-02-2001, 02:22 PM
When a player raises with 2 of a suit on the flop, checks and calls the turn, and then bets the river when a 3rd suited card comes, he's often hit a flush, especially with multiple opponents. Here he might also have a straight. Plus you've got to worry about the other players behind you. My fuzzy math comes up with $300 in the pot at this point, but I think your chances of winning are much less than one in ten. Fold.

10-02-2001, 06:08 PM
EZ fold. He stinks with the smell of flush - a volume building, no knockout check-raise on the flop, and a check on the turn.

He is not bluffing all 3 of you, and this card could easily make one of the others a flush or straight.

Dan Z.

10-02-2001, 06:21 PM
"He stinks with the smell of flush"

Great turn of phrase. I hate it when someone, in seven wonderfully evocative words, says what it took me six hundred and forty seven to say, and says it so much better.

:-)

10-02-2001, 06:22 PM
Well I folded and he got called in one spot. He turned over J9 for two pair and the guy who called him down had AJ. That hand made me sick for about four hours that night. thanks for all comments

10-02-2001, 06:49 PM
Fold. He's not bluffing into 3 of you and even if you somehow have him beat (you don't), the guys behind you do. Save your money.

-CW

10-02-2001, 07:00 PM
Well, I read the results and it is indeed sickening. Where did you say that game was again?

Anyhow, I'd just add that it happens over and over that people on this forum say "it depends" when talking about player and game conditions. File it away in your rolodex and realize that a call may be in order in the future (maybe) or that the sb might play a similar hand a similar way. In most games, the AJ pops it on the flop AND the sb doesn't checkraise with a piece of shit like that AND four people don't go to the river with a JTx flop with two hearts with the 9 of hearts getting there on the end and NO ONE having a straight or flush... etc. etc. I don't remember playing in a game where you'd be getting 10:1 on that call. Forum consensus is that 'ya done good, kid. Don't allow that to be marred by the hand results. Take whatever info you can from it and let 'em deal the next one...

Best,

-CW

10-02-2001, 07:31 PM
The SB check-raising 3 people with that hand on the flop on that board is right out of the twilight zone. You were in horrible position on the river, I think your fold is okay.

10-03-2001, 08:45 AM
Sorry about the result but I think you made the right play.

This hand does bring up an important point that is often addressed here, and that is that many of your opponents sometimes have little concept of what they are doing and will play in a way that is sometimes irrational and certainly not up to 2+2 standards. This should be taken into account on the river,although it may not necessarily change the correct play.

Pat