PDA

View Full Version : Final rounds of low $ SnG's are mostly coin tosses

AA suited
06-07-2004, 11:25 AM
I've noticed this over and over again at $20/2 and $30/3 SnG's.

It's down to 4 players (bubble), blinds are 100/200 or higher. Short stack is 3xBB or less. He goes all in (usually) with marginal hand. someone calls (usually) with a marginal hand. the marginal hands are either low pocket pairs, Ax, or Kx.

If you are have the dominating hand, you win if he doesn't catch a card by the river. but there's ~48% chance that he'll catch his card. Thus coin flip.

Then it's down to 3 players. Big stack bullys the small stacks. Small stack fights back and goes all in. If small stack doesnt have serious blind problems yet, bully will fold if he doesnt have good cards. but if small stack goes all in and looks desparate, bully calls. both usually will have have marginal hands. thus another coin toss.

rince and repeat for final 2 players.

Is there any difference at 50/5, 100/9 or 200 SnG's?

Grivan
06-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Higher ones are even worse, since you have more people around at the higher blind levels. I was playing in one last night where we still had 4 people left at level 8.

BettnTibetn
06-07-2004, 02:13 PM
i find it quite easy to get heads up and win in SNG's on stars compared to party. There is a lot of time to battle shorthanded without encountering massive blinds like on party poker