PDA

View Full Version : ? about drug use

05-08-2002, 02:23 AM
anyone use piracetam or stuff like that?

anyone know what im talking about?

brad

05-08-2002, 07:08 AM
Hehe, yes I know about piracetam that is a supposed "smart" drug, I've heard it supposively hightens the effects of ecstasy as well, I've never tried it before though. Do you or anyone else here have any experiences with it, does it really help memory functions?

Thanks....

05-08-2002, 11:28 AM
i heard it helps combat altitude sickness, and its very smoky where i play.

brad

05-08-2002, 08:13 PM
I know that those with ADD are given ridiline to help them stay calm and concentrate.

MisFit

05-08-2002, 08:26 PM

05-08-2002, 08:58 PM
I've seen whole books on "smart" supplements. Some also cover the more regulated smart drugs I think. Try the online bookstores. Quick tip - there's a supplement in health food stores called "Brain Power Maximized" by Country Life. In my experience it works reasonably well to provide a lift of alertness and clarity without otherwise unneeded stimulant effects. I've used it when playing longers sessions. (No need in my view to use such a thing when you're fresh and well rested.) I think the key ingredients which make it work are choline (choline bitartrate), inositol, L-phenylalanine, and L-tyrosine, though it contains a few others too. 2nd quick tip - "Think Bars" don't seem to work all that well, though they make an okay snack, and don't hurt.

05-08-2002, 09:08 PM
choline and b-5 definitely improve memory, though maybe only short term.

but i read that piracetam does something to brain oxygen use, so much so that high altitude climbers use it as well as in french medical operations (so in an emergency it will take longer for brain damage to occur.)

brad

05-08-2002, 09:32 PM
I don't know anything about it, but if it's a controled drug I'd be careful to investigate any possible risks, particularly from repeated use. Same goes for the OTC supplements of course, but they tend to seem more or less innocuous for the most part. (Still, I wouldn't take some of them everyday, as it would probably meand taking a lot more than occurs naturally in diet.)

05-08-2002, 09:55 PM
it is a prescription but not controlled drug which means you can buy it in mexico and bring it over.

also ive read it is the most tested drug ever and completely non-toxic. (came out in late 50's or something).

undoubtably the greatest risk is gelatin coating or whatever which has a very slight risk of mad cow disease, at least in theory.

brad

05-12-2002, 12:29 AM
DON'T take Ritalin to help you concentrate. Its been proven usually to have the opposite effect on adults as it has in children.

I don't know much about the Mexican drug you suggest.

All the smart drugs in the world (so far) don't come close to helping as much as a good night's sleep.

(I'm a huge fan of getting prescription drugs in Mexico, though)