PDA

View Full Version : someting sklansky said in "getting the best of it" can't remember??

craig r
06-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Question also posted in Other Gambling:

In Getting The Best Of It, sklansky had said something about horseracing. it had something to do with: when a horse is a favorite, but there is more money in the place and show pools, you should bet on the favorite horse to place or show. does anybody remember exactly what he had said? i can't find my copy of the book anywhere. thanks for any help with this.

craig

Al Mirpuri
06-07-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question also posted in Other Gambling:

In Getting The Best Of It, sklansky had said something about horseracing. it had something to do with: when a horse is a favorite, but there is more money in the place and show pools, you should bet on the favorite horse to place or show. does anybody remember exactly what he had said? i can't find my copy of the book anywhere. thanks for any help with this.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Horse race paradox. Horse A has a 40% chance of winning heads up but with all the other horses running (multiway pot, loose passive game) it does not stand up as often. Simplified but concise. The normal range of hands need changing as regular winners will not win and longshots are no longer longshots as you are getting the odds.