PDA

View Full Version : Turn 3-bet versus river check-raise

Nate tha' Great
06-07-2004, 04:46 AM
Somehow the hand history on this one got lost so I'm going to have to do it from memory. Schneids was at the table so maybe he can post it for me.

I'm in the SB with 87o and complete after two limpers who, in spite of having limped in, play pretty aggressively after the flop. Schneids is in the BB and checks his option.

Flop is T8x rainbow. I check intending to raise a non-Schneids bet but it gets checked around.

Turn is another 8, completing the rainbow. I bet out, Schneids folds, the EP limper raises and the other limper folds. I call.

River is an A, I check, EP bets, I raise, and EP calls.

It's *rare* that I adopt this line; the opponent either needs to be capable of making a good laydown, or capable of bluffing completely.

Schneids
06-07-2004, 05:29 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Schneids is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB <font color="purple">(Nate)</font> completes, Schneids checks,

Flop: (3 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Nate checks, Schneids checks, UTG checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Nate bets</font>, Schneids folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Nate calls.

River: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Nate checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Nate raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between UTG and Nate

Schneids
06-07-2004, 05:32 AM
FWIW I loved your line on this hand.

To me, the way you played the turn it appeared like you were betting a flush draw.

I also agreed with your assessment of UTG -- both that I felt he was capable of putting you on a steal bet (so he raised), and that he could lay down if you three-bet.

P.S. I'm up to 2892 hands with you at the table, and you are my most common lifetime opponent. You must be fish? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Or I must be fish? /images/graemlins/confused.gif