PDA

View Full Version : Pistons win!

Ulysses
06-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Yahoo!

andyfox
06-06-2004, 11:55 PM
They're one-quarter of the way to a sweep.

And it's soooooo boring, I turned it off to watch the White Sox/Mariners game.

ThaSaltCracka
06-06-2004, 11:56 PM
google!

rtrombone
06-07-2004, 12:20 AM
What a great [censored] day. I was scared to get my hopes up, but I think we may have a series here. Prince matches up well with Kobe, and Detroit's team D is the best I've seen in years.

How sweet would it be if L.A. loses? All these Laker fans forget that it was the Mailman who objected when Magic was going to play in the All-Star game after contracting H.I.V. [censored] tossers.

Maybe the good guys can pull it off for once.

Clarkmeister
06-07-2004, 12:29 AM
That's 5 in a row for the Pistons against the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Dynasty
06-07-2004, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the good guys can pull it off for once.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pistons are the good guys? That's not right. Can't it just be the lesser of two evils which wins?

Zeno
06-07-2004, 01:01 AM
Can the pistons keep the Lakers under 80 points for four games?

That was an immpressive win, and Larry Brown's most important game of his coaching career. He will have to try and stay one step ahead of Phil in the coaching arena to match and anticipate changes. But at least now, the Pistons have a chance.

-Zeno

Zeno
06-07-2004, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I turned it off to watch the White Sox/Mariners game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mariners pulled out an exciting win in the bottom of the ninth. I had to read about it as I missed the game. I'm grasping at straws for good news because that's all I've got.

Well, the Piston win was Good News.

-Zeno

rtrombone
06-07-2004, 06:32 AM
I heard on the radio the other day how the chant, "Beat L.A.!" originated. In the early '80s, the Celtics hosted the Sixers in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. The Lakers had already advanced in the West. When it became clear that Philly was going to win, the Boston fans began chanting, "Beat L.A.!"--to the opposing team.

I don't know if it's true or not, but it's a telling story. Surely any enmity a Celtics fan feels toward Detroit is dwarfed by his hatred of the Lakers. In my book, the Lakers are the same as the Yankees and Duke basketball.

Compared to L.A., the Bad Boys are all good.

jdl22
06-07-2004, 07:04 AM
I always thought it was Giants fans that started that one. It amazes me that East coast fans actually hate LA teams enough to start that but I guess as far as the Lakers it makes sense.

sleepyjoeyt
06-07-2004, 09:41 AM
No, they don't have a chance.

The Lakers will win this series, and it ain't going 7 games.

Any takers?

Six_of_One
06-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Let's relax here, people. It's just one game. Did anyone expect the Lakers to play hard every game? That would be completely out of character for this team. They still win in 6.

andyfox
06-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Hey, your Diamondbacks pulled one out yesterday too, despite you jinking them. And your favorite player, Karl Malone, had one of his all-time worst games, so all in all, not a bad day for you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

adios
06-07-2004, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They still win in 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably right. No team has ever won 3 in a row in the 2-3-2 format at home so Detroit will probably lose at least one on their court. If the Lakers win 2 at Detroit, then the Pistons have to win 3 in L.A. which I don't see happening. The Lakers role players didn't step up last night. Karl Malone was a stranger. Phil has a habit of getting his teams focused and rectifying problems after games like last night. Andy's right, the game was boring and I didn't watch that much of it either.

nolanfan34
06-07-2004, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The Pistons are the good guys? That's not right. Can't it just be the lesser of two evils which wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there good guys in the NBA anymore? Sigh. I'm just bitter as a Sonics fan who has to watch Jerome James, Calvin Booth, and Vitali Potapotenko on a nightly basis.

Of course the Mariners are becoming equally hard to watch...although I'll be there tomorrow night to see Roger Clemens pitch. He could get his 3rd 20 strikeout game against this squad.

And regardless of the result last night, I agree the Lakers are still taking this in 6.

Uston
06-07-2004, 02:30 PM
As someone who has followed his career since the fall of 1996, I can assure that Richard Hamilton is a good guy.

namknils
06-07-2004, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are there good guys in the NBA anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately there are less and less. My wife comments that the NBA is just made up of thugs now, and it's hard to find an example of a good guy to show her.

I used to think that Kobe was a good guy, but clearly he is not. Even if he is proven innocent in the rape trial lets not forget he still cheated on his wife.