PDA

View Full Version : Getting Old

andyfox
06-06-2004, 11:45 PM
I arrive in the bathroom last night at 10:30. Didn't get into bed until 11:30. First a pee. Then brush my teeth and floss. Then wash my hands and face. Then moisturizer. Then neurontin for my leg pain. Then restoril to sleep. Then lipitor for high cholesterol. Then flomax to pee again. Then pee again.

By then, I'd forgotten whether I was getting up or going to bed.

MMMMMM
06-06-2004, 11:53 PM
"By then, I'd forgotten whether I was getting up or going to bed."

Have you tried Gingko Biloba?

Sooga
06-06-2004, 11:58 PM
I find it's easier to live life if you always default to 'go to bed' when faced with a decision.

Zeno
06-07-2004, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then lipitor for high cholesterol.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Father must take lipitor daily (along with 3-5 other pills) since his heart attack a few years ago. He needs all the drugs just to stay alive (he is 77).

[ QUOTE ]
Then restoril to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, NO, NOOO! Oban- straight up. Keep a bottle in the bathroom and swig on it greedily during your pissing marathon. Then stagger into bed and nuzzle the wife. Perhaps you will get lucky.

On a serious note some herbal teas help me, usually a mint blend or chamomile. Depends on the individual of course but this may help. I usually take a stiff Marker’s Mark on the rocks for a soothing nightcap if sleep fails me.

-Zeno

Phat Mack
06-07-2004, 04:28 AM
I find it's easier to live life if you always default to 'go to bed' when faced with a decision.

Words we can all live by.

sfer
06-07-2004, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First a pee. Then brush my teeth and floss. Then wash my hands and face.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope that the ordering is wrong here or that there's a second action that was left out. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

John Cole
06-07-2004, 07:36 AM
At my yearly physical a couple years ago, the doc asked me if I had any problems. I told him I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, something I never really had to do before.

He said, "That's not unusual for a man of your age."

When did I get to be a man of my age, anyway? Answer: when I had to get up in the middle of the night to pee.

elwoodblues
06-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Yet another hate-America first post...commie!

Al_Capone_Junior
06-07-2004, 11:00 AM
ok it was on the simpsons!

andyfox
06-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Oban's my favorite. Love that smoky taste.

If I nuzzle the wife long after she's gone to sleep, the luckiest thing that can happen to me is I don't get killed.

nolanfan34
06-07-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I nuzzle the wife long after she's gone to sleep, the luckiest thing that can happen to me is I don't get killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the funniest line I've read in a long time. Outstanding. I don't think you have to even be getting old for that to be true. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, your admission in these forums that mosturizer is part of your nightly routine, shows a lot of guts. Kudos.