PDA

View Full Version : KJo from SB

Nate tha' Great
06-06-2004, 08:09 PM
I thought I made a lot of questionable decisions here. Not *necessarily* wrong, but questionable.

UTG is very lag preflop - probably 25-30% PFR - and seems to have poor judgement postflop ... by that I've mean I've seen her make hopless raises on draws on some occasions, and weak-tight folds on others; it's possible that I've just caught her on a bad day but her sense of timing seems to be way off. The player on the BB is tight and solid, and for that reason I was thinking about 3-betting, after MP (loose, semipassive) cold called I scrapped that plan.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Nate is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, Nate calls, BB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Nate bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Nate calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Nate bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Nate 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Nate checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Nate calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between MP and Nate.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Nate (18.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Nate shows Jc Ks (three of a kind, jacks).
MP shows Qh 9h (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: Nate wins 18.50 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
06-06-2004, 08:26 PM
i'm going to sound like a text book - but - KJo makes a lot of second best hands and your playing from the worst position - yes the other guys are chooks, yes there is extra value because someone donated $10, yes you can out play them post flop etc etc

the only way you can possibly survive the pre-flop bashing is to make them pay the most post flop - i think it looks good post flop

looked at from a different perspective i do recall a thread a while ago where we discussed the merits of 3 betting a pre-flop raise out of the SB with J9o - soon you will become some horrible super rock

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Ulysses
06-06-2004, 08:55 PM
I fold pre-flop here just about every time.

Clarkmeister
06-06-2004, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold pre-flop here just about every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't fold against the opponent described.

Ulysses
06-06-2004, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't fold against the opponent described.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the MP caller and the solid BB that make this a fold for me.

Clarkmeister
06-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Well, we don't know that BB has a hand yet, and the MP caller was described as (essentially) a predictable calling station.

lil'
06-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Pre-flop I waver on. I lean towards folding, unless I have very little respect for my opponents raises and cold-calls.

I would have bet the river. Passive players don't go nuts with draws, so the 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif probably didn't change anything.

gonores
06-07-2004, 07:09 AM
I liked the whole hand. I'll waver on betting or checking the river, but I'm leaning more passive lately on close river decisions at the moment. Preflop, if it's the "her" I am thinking of, you don't even have to make a tough decision, especially because of the poster. Not so much because of the extra equity, but because she knows about the extra equity, and she will overreact to it. JTo is not out of the question here for her.

Ulysses
06-07-2004, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, we don't know that BB has a hand yet, and the MP caller was described as (essentially) a predictable calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. It's somewhat a style issue as well. My style in this particular game is to play significantly tighter than my opposition and to really go off post-flop, so I'm more inclined to dump stuff like this.