PDA

View Full Version : Table-hours to clear $180 bonus at UB?

skaboomizzy
06-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Last year, I tried to do a little whoring at UB, and it didn't quite work out, leaving me with about $60 bonus unclaimed.

Last week, one of my RAFs made a deposit, so there's another $100 bonus, plus when I deposited to try to clear this newfound bounty, I got ANOTHER $20 or so in bonus. I only have about $200 in there, so I'm going to try to play $.50/1 to clear this. Will I be playing at UB until I die, or just get old and moldy?

JTrout
06-06-2004, 01:09 PM
The correct answer is: It depends.

But seriously, don't think of it as taking 100 hrs to clear.
Think of it as 100 hours of rake-free poker!

Good luck.
JTrout

jek187
06-06-2004, 01:10 PM
If you are not starting tables, and thus getting double UB points, I estimate the bonus is worth $3.14/hr. So, to clear a $200 bonus, you're looking at ~64 table hours (200/3.14).

Sure wish I knew of a website that had this info already on it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

J.R.
06-06-2004, 01:11 PM
3 tabling 1-2 I believe you can can earn somewhere between 10-15 dollars of bonus cash (30-50 UB points per table) per hour.

skaboomizzy
06-06-2004, 01:11 PM
heh, you're right. I didn't even think to look there. That's my hangover working, thanks for the response anyway. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Baulucky
06-06-2004, 01:12 PM
I keep accumulating these till both conditions below become true at the same time:
1-I become a competent 5-10 or higher ring poker player.
2-UB has juicy games at 5-10 and higher.

When those conditions are met, the bonus can clear at about $10 per hour for a 5-10 game.

*** Or double that, if you start games, as Jek pointed out.

34TheTruth34
06-06-2004, 02:12 PM
after you're done with that, I'll transfer you my $350 in bonuses and you can play those off too. Have fun...

Piers
06-06-2004, 06:30 PM
When I have an UB bonus, I usually have three UB minis on the go, get through about $10 - $15 of the bonus an hour.

skaboomizzy
06-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Well, I quit.

I worked about $70 of it off playing $1/2, which I probably didn't have a proper bankroll for anyway. I played a couple $10 SNGs to break up the ring game play and did well enough on them that I'm leaving for a $135 profit.

Getting half of the high hand jackpot in MORE BONUS DOLLARS was about the last straw. It's been a fun week though.

namknils
06-13-2004, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Sure wish I knew of a website that had this info already on it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif <font color="white">bonuswhores (http://www.bonuswhores.com) </font>

Skaboomizzy - Just make sure you have a comfortable chair. UB bonus clearing sucks. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

carlo
06-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Guiding into this--At party I've played approximately 600+ hands to make the 500 raked hands for a $100 bonus(.5,1 table)--about 80% will be raked. Calculating the ultimate points set up(.25 ultimate points per .25 rake($5 pot)) the calculation leads to approximately 4x as many raked hands to receive 0ne ultimate point. Factored to this you will need 10 ultimate points to redeem $1 of bonus which is opposed to party's which is one half of this(5 raked hands per $1 bonus). Ergo you will need approximately 8x as many hands to redeem the $100 bonus-- 4800 hands.yuk,yuk,yuk.

MicroBob
06-13-2004, 10:24 PM
since i usually multi-table the party/empire games....i will just replace one of my tables with a UB table (or maybe 2).

so instead of 4-6 party/empire tables i'll just play 2 or 3 tables on empire and 1 or 2 on UB.

this is how i worked off the bonuses at paradise and stars the last time through.
it might take me well over a week on the UB tables though since i have $300 to clear.

i know of a couple other players who have over $1000 in bonus-money. they just can't bring themselves to make the effort towards clearing it.

they are running that promo of trying to earn the most points between Jun 4-16 to qualify for various freerolls.
i wonder if the extra incentive to play has promted more action than usual.

i don't care about the free-roll itself....but if it brings about fishier than usual play then i'm all for it.
the period to try to earn the points is almost expired though and i haven't checked out the action to see if it really is fishier.

9k players logged onto UB right now though which i think is a little higher than normal. the pot-avg's and SF% for 1-2, 2-4 and 3-6 all seem typically tight.

since i've been playing a bit more NL lately i may try clearing the bonus via those games.
wonder if the bonuses go any faster on the UB NL games and if the games are any fishier to warrant playing them.

i might be willing to invest a few hours to come up with some conclusions. i'm kind of tired of the limit games at UB which just aren't terribly profitable imo. my hunch is that the NL games are equally tight....but i want to check to make sure.