PDA

View Full Version : What was I doing HERE?

Surfbullet
06-06-2004, 06:20 AM
Pokerroom.com $0.50/$1.00 5max(5handed)

UTG, CO, and SB are all great and I hope to find them again at the tables. CO is a borderline maniac at times and I was hoping to isolate...the others are just loose/passive.

Surfbullet holds : J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

PRE-FLOP
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, Surfbullet bets $1, SB calls $0.75, BB folds, CO calls $0.50.

FLOP
J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, CO checks, Surfbullet bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50, CO bets $1, Surfbullet calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50.

TURN
J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, CO checks, Surfbullet checks.

RIVER
J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, CO bets $1, Surfbullet folds, SB folds.

SHOWDOWN
CO wins $7.20

I seem to be having trouble seeing hands through as I endeavor to not be a calling station after an afternoon of paying everyone off - my SH game is very shaky still as I'm still in my first week. Thanks for the help.

stripsqueez
06-06-2004, 07:03 AM
your right to fear betting the turn when you dont want to pay a raise - not always right

folding on the river looks a bit weak to me - you have some showdown value - unless i think the second guy is so predictable that hes always got it i call - i think i still bet the turn some of the time partly for this reason

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

naphand
06-06-2004, 11:15 AM
If CO is a "borderline maniac" then I think you should be thinking about calling this River.

Your play otherwise looks fine. If CO has the flush on the Turn, he loses BB by letting it get checked thro. It is very likely no-one has the flush IMO. You could try a bet with your draw to the nuts, you might even be ahead. If he has an A then OK but from your description and the play, he could easily have just a J or 9 or any PP and be representing the A. If you bet the Turn you probably buy a free SD, if you are raised you will have to call, of course, and you may prefer the check behind and check/call the River route.

If you have a read on a player (like near-maniac) then you are best playing accordingly, and here, to me, that means calling the River.

Calling down in these circumstances depends on how you read the action. Though you may feel you are beat here most of the time, you only need to win 1:6 to make this +EV long term, so it's ok to lose most of the showdowns (calling the River). You can still lose most and make a profit. /images/graemlins/grin.gif