PDA

View Full Version : Raise this river?

Demian
06-06-2004, 04:09 AM
SB here is very loose, not overly aggro. 2 questions. How would you normally play this hand pre-flop with 4 out of 5 opponents being very loose. Raise after 1 limp? How about 2 limpers? 2nd question. Would you normally raise this river or just call?

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (15 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 3c 3s (full house, threes full of kings).
Hero shows Jc Kd (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: SB wins 15 BB. </font>

naphand
06-06-2004, 04:23 AM
I think you have to raise KJo here if you are going to play it. Raise 1 limper, yep, 2 limpers to buy the Button yep, OTB with 2 limpers and blinds that fold, yep. In a loose game, with blinds that won't fold and 2 limpers - I probably over-limp OTB and see the flop cheep, then it's a case of fit-or-fold.

Definitely raise the River, this could be any trashy K and you are likely good, and call the 3-bet. I don't go for the cap here in this kind of game, for the same reasons I am exploring elsewhere on the Forum: a 3-bet from loose/passive opponents is a rare thing and needs to be treated with respect, unless you have a genuine psycho-candy.

Moron caught his 2-outer and I need to do some re-decorating (once again)... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your play looks spot on to me, and I think you have nothing to be concerned about.