PDA

View Full Version : AQs with A high flop

bobdibble
06-06-2004, 02:58 AM
When do you back off here? The guy didn't cap me PF, so I figure he didn't have AA, maybe AK. Maybe he thought I had AA or JJ so he didn't raise on any of the streets.

Should I have been check/calling instead? Where is the line between aggressive and maniac?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 (poster) folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+2 shows As Kc (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero shows Qh Ah (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 11.50 BB. </font>

asdf1234
06-06-2004, 03:17 AM
You should thank him for saving you bets.

Warik
06-06-2004, 03:23 AM
Very well played.

P.S. Your opponent is uber-stupid.

Shalara
06-06-2004, 04:15 AM
Nice play on your part. UTG+2 was a pansy /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I don't back off there. The guy gives no indication that he might have a hand, other than his call. I would have put him on KK or QQ from the way he played.

afk
06-06-2004, 11:08 AM
I think you played it just fine. Tough break, but you'll take it down most of the time here. Nothing to worry about.

chesspain
06-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Did you raise this preflop because of the two extra posters behind you? Or is raising an EP raiser on your immediate right with AQs your default play?

bobdibble
06-06-2004, 04:11 PM
That is a great question. Looking back at the hand, it isn't how I would normally play AQs. Here is my normal though process; feel free to point out any flaws:u

AQ with raiser to my immediate right: raise to get heads up if possible

AQs with raiser to my immdiate ritght: call, so as not to make everyone call 2 cold since AQs plays well multi-handed. (I think /images/graemlins/smile.gif ... meaning, I am looking for the flush and straight draws too)

I'm still a newbie (~7K hands), so please don't hesitate to point out errors in my thinking.

Thanks.

Nemesis
06-06-2004, 06:02 PM
AQ is a costly hand for me, it seems my agression scares AK into check/calling and letting me hang myself.