PDA

View Full Version : Not true value bet on river here right?

RED_RAIN
06-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG folds.

River: (9.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.25 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (11.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Jh Jd (two pair, jacks and twos).
CO shows 9d 9s (two pair, nines and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.25 BB. </font>

Good not to bet river? Or safe to since if he had a Q he would have raised me on turn.

Shalara
06-06-2004, 12:41 AM
Yikes. You know, I bet the river here unless it's an ace or king. I think you would have heard from a queen already, you probably have the best hand, and you might still get a call.

asdf1234
06-06-2004, 03:35 AM
Looks like he has a middle pocket pair or a crappy ten to me. I think you can bet for value here, as he's going to call with any pair and maybe even as little as ace high.

bisonbison
06-06-2004, 04:47 AM
The three changes very little. He'll call with worse more often than he'll make you pay.

jrobb83
06-06-2004, 06:29 AM
I think this is a very clear bet. If he didn't raise you with the Q on the turn, he ain't on the river either. Plus he'll call you with pretty much whatever he had up to that point. Add the fact there was no draw that you hope could bluff at the river and it adds up to a very easy value bet.