PDA

View Full Version : small bankroll

JasonAA
06-05-2004, 09:01 PM
I only have about $50 to deposit online. What limits or tournys should I get involved with to build up my bankroll? Also where is a good place to play?

cassise
06-05-2004, 09:33 PM
That depends on your goals. If you want to get the most "play" for your money, then Pacific poker is the place to go because they will offer you a five cent table with fishy competition so that you can learn the in's and out's of online ring play with very little risk.

If your goal is to turn your fifty into a lot more, I would suggest the party 5\1 tables. The competition is fairly weak and will offer you a chance to get used to SNG's while still making money.

SparkMan
06-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Play on a site where they vig is 50 cents at the 5 dollar level. I would suggest ultimate bet or Pokerstars. Start at the $5+50cent level.

BradleyT
06-05-2004, 11:43 PM
The $6/$.50 Turbos on Stars are pretty easy. Plus you pay a lower percentage vig than the $5's or $10's.

Players are awful.

pzhon
06-06-2004, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only have about $50 to deposit online. What limits or tournys should I get involved with to build up my bankroll? Also where is a good place to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't a winning player, no stakes are small enough.

A bankroll of 10 buy-ins is barely enough to play SNGs if your ROI is at least 25%. The bankroll recommended by the Kelly criterion is roughly variance/edge, and the variance may be 3 square buy-ins, so a ROI of 25% corresponds to a recommended bankroll of 12 buy-ins. If you have less than half the bankroll recommended by the Kelly Criterion, you should strongly consider dropping down.

If you drop below $25, try penny-ante NL games, such as the 0.01-0.02 blind NL tables on UB. I think that was worth about $1/hour, with low variance. I built a $5 royal flush bounus up to something reasonable this way.