PDA

View Full Version : $10 Party SNG's - why can't I beat them

SmileyEH
06-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi, been reading 2+2 for several months now buy never posted.

I used to play $5 SNG's on Pacific Poker and easily made around 50% ROI but the play was so slow and they didn't offer any $10 NL tourneys that I switched to Party. My first 12 tourneys I've had one first and the rest out of the money. I've been given a couple bad beats but I think the competition is better than I have heard it made it out to be. It isnt uncommon to see a hand folded to the blinds or the last tourney I was in - 6 handed in lvl. 6.
I try to play ultra tight then loosen up slightly when it gets shorthanded, but by this time I have around 600 chips with blinds at 50-100. I see a lot of bad play, but I think placing in the money 1/12 is statistically significant (is this correct?).

Comments?

-SmileyEH

Jsb
06-05-2004, 04:48 PM
12 tourneys is not too statistically significant, if you play alot, you can expect to only place 1 out of twelve every once in a (hopefully long) while. have you read aleomagus' guide to beating the 10+1's on party? i've also been having alot of problems lately being shortstacked when it gets down to four or five and catching tighter tables than normal, so i don't really have much advice to give in that regard. check out the guide (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=602767&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&vc=1), and try to stay close to that for awhile.
also, when are you playing? i was noticing tighter games, so i started to get more selective about my playing times. i have a job during the day, so i play only in the evening now, or saturday during the day. the games are definitely softer at night, like from 9-1 or 2 eastern time or around then

GuidoSarducci
06-05-2004, 05:44 PM
I've noticed that the $10 sit and goes at Party have become remarkably tight for the level, but they are still beatable. Yes, they're tight, but the play still sucks. There was a tutorial about how to beat these games, and I think another response linked to it, but that tactic makes the assumption that the table will be short handed before the blinds become a huge factor. If you run into a real tight tourney sometimes you have to start making moves yourself just to keep ahead of the blinds.

For starters, though, I would definately stick to the tutorial to break the losing streak. Even with a rock garden, you'll find the tactic has some equity.

SparkMan
06-05-2004, 06:00 PM
I would suggest trying out the $10+1 level at paradise. The games are soft, there are lots of them, and the blind structure is better than Party. You still need to changes gears when you hit the bigger blind levels.