PDA

View Full Version : 6 handed 15-30 hand

09-24-2001, 02:19 PM
no this hand was not online. there is a cutoff poster.

i raise utg with ATo. everyone folds, poster folds, sb folds, bb calls. i dont know the bb well but my impression of the way he has played so far is that he is pretty weak.

the flop is 643. he bets, i call. on the flop im thinking

he has a 5 for sure, maybe something like 56, pocket 55s, A5s, K5s, etc.

the turn is an A. he checks, i bet. i think im ahead here when he checks so i bet.

the river is a 5. he bets, i call. i dont think he has a 2 or a 7. if he had something like 75 then wouldve flopped it and i wouldve surely heard from him on the turn, or he wouldve bet out the river.

any comments?

09-24-2001, 02:41 PM
I would have raised on the flop, folded to a reraise. Bet the turn if he checked, folded if he raised. Call or check the river. I am guessing he had 67s and made a straight at the end.

If you play a little more aggressively on the flop, you may be able to better define his hand. If he has you beat, you can get away from it. On second thought, playing as I suggest above, if he can bet the river I am almost certain my pair is no good and should probably fold instead of call the river bet.

In actuality, I would have never been in this position. I would have folded my starters, but I am very tight in early position usually.

09-24-2001, 03:17 PM
You almost certainly don't want to raise this pre-flop, unless the game is very tight. You probably don't may not want to play it at all.

On the flop, BB bets and you call. if his bet means a 5, you are in deep trouble. Your call is very marginal.

On the turn, betting or checking may be corect. It depends on the opponent. If you think he has a 5, betting is probably the way to go.

On the river, you should probably fold. If he has a 5 you lose.

He called your turn bet with something. Unless he is tricky, he has you beat.

Good luck.

Dan Z.

09-24-2001, 04:04 PM
I think not raising with AT six handed is a pretty big mistake unless the players are very tough. In a full game it would be a fold or rarely a limp, but six handed you need to play pretty aggressively to get your share of the blinds. Tell me why I'm wrong.

09-24-2001, 04:10 PM
thanks for this. i think my preflop play was fine, considering it was 6 handed. i would usually limp 7 handed and fold 8 handed or more.

i dont play in "very tough" games so that is never an issue.

09-24-2001, 05:07 PM
With a late position blind, it will be very rare that the hand gets passed around. If it does not get passed around, you are (probably) out of position with a weak hand. The hand will likely not be heads up, and if it is, you will likely be out of position or holding 3 outs, and sometimes both. If you get 3 bet, you will have a very hard time seeing the turn card.

In a 6 handed game, people will defend more loosely. This is magnified greatly by the late blind. This means you should steal less often, probably much less often. If your opponents are all ring game players and not used to adjusting for these 2 factors, fire away!

This hand is just not that great, and raising is probably the worst of your 3 options. Calling and folding are probably pretty close, I would lean towards a call unless my opponents are very aggressive or very good. Raising also will make people read you for an ace, which you don't want them to do. Just my opinion.

Dan Z.

09-24-2001, 10:26 PM
raise is okay 6 handed. right on the borderline, especially with a poster, but ok. flop depends the player, if he is aggressive and will be inclined to 3 bet with alot of hands in this spot i think a fold is in order. if he has an openender he's not much of a dog. also he could be betting something like A3,A4,A6. where you are in alot of trouble if you hit the ace. if he is a really weak player i may raise on flop and slow him down and hope to win in a showdown or spike an A or 10 and bet.