PDA

View Full Version : Call this all-in?

Tuesday
06-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Stars $15 Turbo Tourny, 400/800 blinds w/50 ante. I'm the chip leader with approx. 7000 (Big blind). 3 players left. The button goes all-in for approx. 4500 and the small blind calls the rest of his 2000 stack. I have Q /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Anyone call this? I have the button on a pure steal. I'm not sure about the SB except I'm quite certain he has the same read on the button as I do.

toby
06-05-2004, 11:31 AM
I'd be worried about calling without Ace high. The suits look nice but really don't make a difference PF. I would let the SB duke it out here and bully the survivors around with your big stack afterwards.

Tuesday
06-05-2004, 11:43 AM
My thinking went something like this: If the button was on a pure steal (which he was doing very consistently), then I have him beat and can take the side pot from him while forfeiting the main to the SB,that is, if the SB has me beat (I know Q /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif is not a strong hand). Leaving me as chip leader against the SB. If I lose to one of them and not both, my stack is crippled but I'm in second with an outside chance at first. I guess I wanted to bring the value of the other two hands down while securing at least second place. Stupid?

Chief911
06-05-2004, 01:04 PM
I'd fold it in a heartbeat. Let them weed themselves out, as Q8s is probably WAY behind two players all in. You are almost guarenteed 2nd place at worst because they are both all in, and even if the lower stack wins, the other will be somewhat crippled.

F.O.L.D

MercTec
06-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Fold without thinking twice.

Tuesday
06-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Folding is most definitely my normal play...However, I did call and was sucessful so maybe I'm being a little results oriented. The button showed Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and the SB flipped over 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. The 8 came on the flop and the tourny was over. Thanks for the input!

GuidoSarducci
06-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Not in a million years would I call this, even if I knew the Button had 72o. By folding this, you're either going to be heads up with a decent chip count or one of these guys is going to be so hobbled he'll be easy pickings from the blinds forcing him all-in.

Heck, I'd be folding AKs in the face of this.