PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed on every street?

submariner
06-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

I'm sure my preflop call wasn't right, but I don't know what the right play was. I wouldn't normally play A10, but being suited makes it worth a raise.
But the reason its worth more is that its suited, which wants more players. So I think I should have either decided there weren't enough players and folded, or reraised and tried to get it heads-up.
But that would be playing it for big card value, and then being suited doesn't make any difference, and being A10, I would fold it. I think I should have folded.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I was trying to keep UTG in here.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.75 BB, between MP3, Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (21.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 7s Qh (two pair, queens and jacks).
MP3 shows Kh Kc (full house, kings full of jacks).
Hero shows Th Ah (straight, ace high).
Outcome: MP3 wins 21.75 BB. </font>

Shalara
06-06-2004, 12:21 AM
I'll give this a whirl /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I like the call pre-flop. I may be alone in that though /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Flop: I'd raise anyway. I don't much care about keeping anyone in. Pot is decent sized, now I just want to win it. And if the raiser has KK or somesuch, I sure don't want to give him infinite odds to destroy me, nor a free shot at chopping if he happens to hold AA.

I'm not sure about the 3-bet. If he's raising UTG's bet, he may have filled up. I don't want to play scared or anything, but I wouldn't mind slowing down a little bit here. Hard to say though.

Good just calling the river.

vulturesrow
06-06-2004, 12:27 AM
I agree. Definitely calling pf, definitely raising flop. I wouldve slowed down but not layed down. KJ is not an unreasonable holding at all.

chris

submariner
06-07-2004, 08:39 AM

Chris Daddy Cool
06-07-2004, 09:43 AM
I actually do NOT like the preflop call. Depending on the nature of the raiser, I'm either 3betting or folding, leaning closer to folding. Your position relative to the raiser really sucks, especially if you hit a flush draw. Plus, depending on whether or not the blinds come along for the ride, there won't be enough callers, not to mention the possibility of a 3bet behind you.

You probably can, and I'm betting you probably will, get away with this call in .50/1.00, but as you move up in limits you simply MUST get tighter in these kind of spots or you'll find yourself playing .50/1.00 again.

Piiop
06-07-2004, 10:10 AM
I agree with Chris Daddy Cool - the preflop call is definitely bad. Like you said ATs likes a lot of players in - which you don't have. Your relative position is terrible. Your hand is probably dominated by a bigger ace or a dog to a big pair, unless MP3 is a loose raiser in which case you should 3-bet. But I would very rarely 3-bet with AT with a limper in also.

You got your miracle flop so raise it now. MP3 isn't going anywhere. I would actually want UTG out, not in, to lessen the chance of a split or if he's on a flush draw. You also are in a lot of trouble if the board pairs.

Unlucky turn card.

SofaCoach
06-07-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Chris Daddy Cool - Your relative position is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this. Hero has the button. Isn't that always the best position? I assume that it has something to do with UTG being in the pot, but don't know why? Please explain.