PDA

View Full Version : How to play medium PPs on the flop?

Atropos
06-05-2004, 10:04 AM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (2 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9s 9c (one pair, nines).
MP1 shows Qh Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: MP1 wins 8 BB. </font>

Should i have reraised the turn? I mean i picked up an open-end straight draw, and the implied odds are somewhat ok. I only fear being up against a made straight, if i can only get a split then the odds are of course not good enough. What do you think about this?

checkmate36
06-05-2004, 10:28 AM
I dont like chasing staights with a possible flush on board which is what the turn card gave you, but Im new player so this is not gospel. I like the no set no bet rule with overcards to my wired medium pair. I think fold on flop and definately on the turn. Save your loot for when you know the pot has better chance to be yours. Comments on my thoughts also appreciated.
Checkmate36

sin808
06-05-2004, 10:41 AM
I think you've gotta bet that flop. You may be behind, you may not, but you can't afford to give someone a free card to draw out on you.

cartoonsoldier
06-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I would have folded on the turn.

Somebody's flush might have hit with the third spade. The straight you say you are drawing to is not a good one.

Somebody with Q9 already has you beat. If a Q falls, somebody with KA has you beat (hands people are likely to play till the end).

I would say, Bet the flop, if re-raised, you can fold. If everybody folds, good. If somebody calls, you can either bet the turn, and see what he does. If he re-raises, fold. You could even check and then fold to a raise, if you want.

Since it is PS, players are better that PP, so I won't think people would be betting their pair of 8s.

Well, thats my insights.

Shalara
06-05-2004, 11:01 AM
My thoughts: bet the flop. Bet the turn. Check the river.