PDA

View Full Version : Taking bubble aggression too far ?

Tosh
06-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Big blind has been very tight recently, even folding to another player's allin raise that wasn't even double the big blind. Also the last 2 rounds the short stack has been given his blind. I decided that I could take advantage of a weak table here. Big blind would only call me with a big hand, he had AK, and felt I could get away with a steal a lot here.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">BB (t4886)</font>
UTG (t6055)
Button (t906)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t1653)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1628</font>, BB calls t1228.

La Brujita
06-05-2004, 09:42 AM
FWIW I don't think it is a bad play at all if he is that tight. This is one of those hands that 90% you walk away with 600t richer but this time you scratch your head.

GuidoSarducci
06-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Oops!

William Wilson
06-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Maybe I'm confused about bubble strategy, but this move makes no sense to me.

The button has less than two orbits left in his stack, meaning you have a great chance of crawling into the money without playing a hand. I know you're looking to win, and I'm not saying you should shut down completely, but pushing with K5 is simply too risky, IMO.

I understand you had a read on this guy, but if he's THAT tight maybe a miniraise (gasp!) could get his blind without putting you on the short stack if reraised. Also, if you've been pounding on him, there's a chance he's got a read on you and will call with any ace, pair, face cards, etc.

Just me, but I muck this, and wait a little bit longer to make a move.

Am I the tight ass here?

Bill

ZeeJustin
06-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Seems like an easy all-in to me.

Tosh
06-06-2004, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like an easy all-in to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how tight BB is playing and the fact the short stack has been given his blind twice in a row its quite likely I'll be the first one to go if I wait and if I'm not I'll be very shortstacked with no real chance of 1st. I planned to push about 90% of my hands here.