PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Trips, but all-one-suit flop

Atropos
06-05-2004, 08:51 AM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (17.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows 4s 7d (straight, eight high).
Button shows Ks 3h (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 19.20 BB. </font>

Obviously this was not a very good situation to flop a set of trips... I guess i should have folded them immediately, since there was the 3flush + straight draw on board?

sublime
06-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Bad fold on the turn

You had 10 outs to a FH in a large pot. In a situation like this (2 bets to you) it is okay to just call, even if you get blasted again behind you.

chesspain
06-05-2004, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously this was not a very good situation to flop a set of trips... I guess i should have folded them immediately, since there was the 3flush + straight draw on board?

[/ QUOTE ]

No,No,No!!! You never fold a set on the flop or turn, no matter how may bets it goes, unless someone shows you their hole cards and you see that he has a higher set or str8 flush!

Atropos
06-05-2004, 09:53 AM
OMG you are absolutely right, what a terrible fold by me /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I totally forgot about the possibility of getting full house, the pot odds would have been more than sufficient.
Thx very much for these helpful replies. Maybe I should learn to get more full houses, 6 in 3000 hands are obviously not enough to earn my confidence /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sin808
06-05-2004, 10:52 AM
I wanna know WTF UTG+1 was doing, raises pf with 74o and then flops the straight?

must have bought that new fangled pattern map off ebay /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Atropos
06-05-2004, 11:01 AM
hey sin,
thats stars 0.05/0.10. The players there are always doing crazy stuff like this, its a real bad beat heaven. yesterday i lost with AQ @ AQQ CAPPED Flop against someone holding 22 capping all the way...
so pf raise with 74o is acceptable to me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shalara
06-05-2004, 11:09 AM
If someone turned over their hand and showed me an ace high flush, I would still make an effort to cap it on every street up until the river. Seven outs to smack them around on the turn, ten on the river; I'm there! {and likely chanting "pair the board, pair the board" /images/graemlins/grin.gif}

I would just call the river here though; given the action, it looks like he's got the flush.