PDA

View Full Version : How do you play this - 3 of a kind on flop?

mantaray
06-05-2004, 05:51 AM
Just curious as to how others play this one out..

You are first in with a raise UTG + 1 with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
MP1 limps, MP2 limps and both blinds call.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif
You bet out and all call.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

How do you play out the rest of the hand?

Al Mirpuri
06-05-2004, 06:25 AM
If you are adequately bankrolled and tilt-free then keep betting it until whoever has the fourth jack shows his hand by raising. By that point you will have to call for one more bet. I had such a hand. I had pocket aces and trip nines flopped. It was three bets on the turn and the river. I never capped. I was afraid someone had the fourth nine but the way I played it kept people in. When you get a lot of callers it is because they think someone is trying to steal it. If someone is betting it may be because they have a smaller pocket pair and want to protect their hand. In my case that is what happened. Someone showed down a smaller pocket pair and my pocket aces took the pot.

sublime
06-05-2004, 09:13 AM
Keep betting, if somebody gets crazy then call down.

mantaray
06-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Ok, thanks for the input. I did in fact keep betting and everyone stayed in until the river when the MP raised.. I figured he had the jack, but called it anyway. He had the 4th jack.

I feel better in knowing that at least I played this properly. THanks again.