PDA

View Full Version : QQ on the button

Ntirly
06-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Should I usually just call with QQ here? BB in this hand is wacko. I thought he would suspect a steal, so I raised it. I pushed my flush draw on the flop, but slowed when he check raised the turn.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 4d 7h (two pair, tens and fours).
Hero shows Qd Qs (two pair, queens and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.25 BB. </font>

SoCalPat
06-05-2004, 12:13 AM
Even wacko maniacs get dealt A-rag and two spades, and that beats you here.

When he caps the river, I'm not putting in more than one bet on any street the rest of the way unless I improve. You certainly could use the free card, and given your opponent, there's no telling what he'll do. I'd check behind on the turn and call the river regardless of what falls.

----- reading results -----

Wow! You weren't joking when you said this kid was whacked. He check-raised the turn with a hand that had only three outs for the winner.

Clarkmeister
06-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Preflop and flop are good.

The turn is a perfect spot to take a free card. You have 12 probable outs if you aren't in the lead. It's headsup and you are risking almost nothing by checking with the intention of calling on the river, and you really don't want to have to call that checkraise.