PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll questions

vulturesrow
06-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Ok for all you who made the trudge up the limit hill starting at .05/.10, how strictly did you adhere to the 300xBB recommendation for bankroll? My problem is the site I play at jumps from .05/.10 to .5/1.00 . Should I just keep trudging along at .05/.10 until I get to 300? Is there a more reasonable figure? Another question, what is your strategy for cashouts? Really putting the cart before the horse here I know but I am just curious.

Chris

MastiffPaul
06-04-2004, 11:48 PM
In my opinion, patience is as important in how you approach the game as how you play it. Don't be in a hurry to reach higher limits. I attempted to speed up my earnings this last week, and it hurt my bankroll because I accelerated before I was ready, skill-wise. Of course, I'm not saying you don't have the skills necessary, I'm only saying that you shouldn't feel rushed to move up. After all, they're called nano-limits, not ninny-limits.

dfscott
06-05-2004, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok for all you who made the trudge up the limit hill starting at .05/.10, how strictly did you adhere to the 300xBB recommendation for bankroll? My problem is the site I play at jumps from .05/.10 to .5/1.00 . Should I just keep trudging along at .05/.10 until I get to 300?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch! What site is that? And I thought PokerStars was bad! The limit games there jump from .05/.10 to .25/.50. I just hit $100 (200BB at .25/.50) and have just decided to made the move from .05/.10 to .25/.50. However, I did play over 9,000 hands at that level, so I feel like I have a good handle for my game. Others have made the move around this level as well, so I think that may be safe.

However, you're in a completely different situation. I don't think $100 is sufficient for 0.50/1. I would suggest moving to PokerStars or some other site that has a more gradual structure -- PS is running their bonus, so now's a good time (but hurry, it ends June 7th).

vulturesrow
06-05-2004, 12:57 AM
The site is the Gaming Club Poker room and it is fish heaven. I turned a 15 dollar sign up bonus intow almost 60 dollars in about 5 days or so of about 4 - 5 hours each..single table. I may have to move my money though as you say..I just hate leaving here because its been so damn good to me.

Chris

dfscott
06-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Well, if you are comfortable multi-tabling, there's no reason you can't play two sites (although you'd obviously need more money). You can use Gaming Club to fund the .25/.50 PS game.

flexus
06-05-2004, 01:06 AM
I have played those games to once upon a time, and they are really a joke. Seriously, my mom could prolly beat those games. Why not multi table at TGC instead of moving?

I remember playing 3 or 4 tables there. Its not very important to be very focused on the players because there are very few exeptions from the general micro player there. They all just call, call, call and then call some more. When you find someone who might occasionally raise you can put a note. You can easily multitable these games without loosing much of your edge.

You might want to play 0.5/1 at some other place than TGC though. The full 0.5/1 tables there are actually not that good. But if you learn to play shorthanded you'll beat the [censored] out of their 6max tables. These are packed with players wanting to play full table (they might even be good at that, but they are not good at shorthanded) but unable to find an empty seat in one of the few full 0.5/1 games at TGC.

holeplug
06-05-2004, 01:53 AM
If you haven't played on any other sites yet you can bonus whore them. Most of the Party 'skins' offer like a 20% first deposit bonus up to $100. You probably won't be able to get the full bonus with your current bankroll but it can help you get a few extra bucks if you wanted to jump to .5/1.

lefty rosen
06-05-2004, 02:01 AM
It will take you forever to get to 300 US dollars. I would suggest 150 and if you are getting bled then work your way back. The quality of play at .5/1 shoudn't be much better than 5cent 10 cent.

HajiShirazu
06-05-2004, 02:06 AM
If you are one of those slow one table types you should try pacific poker. They have the absolute worst players and I believe have .10/.20 and .25/.50 games. I started there from a $25 bonus and never looked back.