PDA

View Full Version : More bonuses or soft games ?

mark76
06-04-2004, 10:43 PM
HI,

I have fairly new to internet poker (although not poker in general). I am currently doing ok playing at party and pacific poker 3/6 which I am told are the too softest places on the internet.
However I have already obtained the sign up bonuses for both these places.
There are many other sites offering good bonues but mabey the games arn't as good (well so people say).

Would the lower profit margins at these games be offset by the bonuses or am I better off putting my time in at the soft games ?

Also,
I have found that in the 3/6 lots of people are willing to call me right to the end even when I've got a massive hand.

I am interested to hear peoples opinions about at what level do the games start to become really tough with lots of tight aggressive players.
5/10 10/20 ?

Lazymeatball
06-05-2004, 02:42 AM
Do a few searches on 2+2 for the following sites:
EmpirePoker.com
IntertopsPoker.com
MultiPoker.com

They are all skins to Partypoker.com. A skin is a site with a different name, but the same software and player base as the main site. If you sign up and play on Empirepoker.com you will be playing at the same tables with the same players as partypoker.com. The advantage to doing this is that these skins offer deposit bonuses as well.

Also, if you are looking into playing for a long time you should consider signing up through an affilliate and getting a rake rebate. An affilliate is someone who advertises a poker site and in return receives a portion of the rake of every player they sign up to play. Many affilliates will (perhaps illegaly) offer to split any revenue generated by the player with the player.

So make sure you understand all the bonus options available to you before signing up at any site.

Also do a search for "IGMPAY" or IGMPAY bonus if you like to play at Partypoker.com and skins.

That should get you on your way to the bonus whore tour. Remember, don't trust every offer and Private Message.