PDA

View Full Version : how about THIS line

Inthacup
06-04-2004, 08:17 PM
I think this is debateable on all streets.

CO open raises. We have a history. He has wide raising standards. I've been playing aggressively and hitting, and he's lost several big pots to me. So, I 3-bet on the button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, SB calls, CO calls.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, CO calls, I raise, both call.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I check.

River: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, CO bets, I raise.

What do you think of my play? What streets would you have played differently?

Cup

stripsqueez
06-04-2004, 08:24 PM
the pre-flop is plenty debatable but you probably knew that

the rest looks good to me - i find buying a free card to be a rare play but it looks good here - raising the river seems auto to me

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Nate tha' Great
06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Postflop seems right to me. Were you planning on calling a bet on the end if you didn't improve?

Preflop I'm not so certain about. I generally want at least KJ to 3-bet, and even that hits the muck most of the time. Also, it seems to me that much of the value in raising is being able to take down the pot without a showdown (sometimes with a worse hand). If you think CO's is *scared* of you, and will fold easily when you're representing a strong hand, then the raise is probably okay. If you think he's just frustrated, and he's likely to call down with something like an unimproved ace-high or middie pocket pair, I don't like the raise as much. I'll also occasionally cold call in this particular spot - big, suited cards on the Button against a loose raiser - provided that the blinds are also loose.

Saborion
06-04-2004, 10:59 PM
I'd like to start playing sh soon.

Two questions.
1: You raise the turn for potential free card I assume? Given your rr flush draw, the gutshot and possibly a king?
2: SB showed strength by cold-calling 3, then leading out into two pre-flop raisers. But when he didn't bet the river, you're quite certain that the doesn't beat three kings. What did you put the CO on?