PDA

View Full Version : small stakes, NL vs. Limit

pfkaok
06-04-2004, 06:39 PM
As far as multitabling at the smaller stakes games, what do you guys think is more profitable? I have been doing better at NL so far, but I don't have enough hands played to make a meaningful assessment yet. Also, does the quality of players vary much from site to site? In the .25 BB NL game at pokerstars I had very little trouble playing 5 tables and keeping up a solid win rate, but since i started playing the .50 BB game its been slightly tougher... still beatable, but people are making more moves so its harder when you can't closesly watch each game. I know that its enevitable that games get tougher as you move up, but should there be a certain point at which you should be multitabling at a smaller limit rather than playing 1-2 tables at a higher limit in order to maximize profits? Also, does anyone who's played both Party and Pstars think that the .50 BB NL games are softer at Party, or are they about the same? Everybody on here seems to have good things to say about Party, so I'm thinking of getting some of my money in there, also, I wouldn't mind getting the $100 bonus.

Any input/advice would be great

Robk
06-04-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as multitabling at the smaller stakes games, what do you guys think is more profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way to know this without knowing what limit games you are willing to play, and how good you are at them. Limit is generally more profitable. But your variance will be larger (ie, you'll need a larger bankroll, and your wins will be less consistent.)

[ QUOTE ]
I know that its enevitable that games get tougher as you move up, but should there be a certain point at which you should be multitabling at a smaller limit rather than playing 1-2 tables at a higher limit in order to maximize profits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is always a point but it varies widely depending on how good you are/ how fast you think/ how much experience you have/ what the games are like etc. The only way to know is to try things for yourself, which it seems like you're doing.