PDA

View Full Version : AdKd and Ad9d

09-20-2001, 04:20 PM
10-20HE .....all kinds of players at the table .

A loose - aggressive old lady limp from UTG , I raise AdKd from mid-position , calling station calls on the button , BB and SB fold and UTG calls . Flop come JdTc5h . UTG bet . ( we are in a local club , and most of the players know each other ; and when I raise , they allways put me on AK , and the aggressive players often (try ) to bluff me when no ace or king are on the flop ).I call , and button calls . At this point , I put the old lady on : J-small suited , KQ , or a small pair in the pocket and she wants to see if I have a big pair or 2 big cards . She would have check raise AJ , KJ , QJ , and I am 100% sure that she has less than 2 pairs . The Button ; he could have a backdoor flush draw , a straight draw , any pair but maybe he his slowplaying JJ , TT , JT or 44 . So I call , and button calls . The turn make the board JdTc5h_4d giving me a backdoor flush draw . The old lady bet , and I raise .I know that she will call J-anything or a straight ( or even a flush draw ) but will fold a pair of ten or a smaller pair . Button fold . She calls , the river is a blank , we both check , and she has 8d9d , which make my AK the winning hand . She has 9 outs . the button who fold on the turn has 77 .

15-30 HE 1st time I played in this club , I have played that hand passivly with hopeness to induce a bluff . Very good game , Many weak - loose - passive . Call , call , I call with Ad9d , call , fold , fold , and a player which is at the table for 5 minutes raise , SB calls , and BB calls and we all call . Flop come Ah6c6s , , check , check , check , I check , check , preflpo raiser bets , blinds call , call , call , I call , fold .The turn make the board Ah6c6s_Qc , ( I feel better about my kicker in case he has AJs or ATs , check to the preflop raiser who bets , call , fold , call , fold , I call . (415$ in the pot after the rake ) the other callers might have backdoor clubs draw or pair in the pocket and call for the size of pot ( which is an error ) . I think to check raise here in the purpose to make pay flush draw . River is a non-club blank , still check to the preflop raiser , he bets , fold , fold , I call fastly , He says " 8 high " ....So I answer : " good , I have a 9 high " showing my 9d ....and the Ad .

aNy comments ... ?

09-20-2001, 04:36 PM
1st hand: nice turn raise.

Also, were did the 15-30 game take place ? New game in town JP?

09-21-2001, 01:28 AM
Why are you checking to the pre-flop raiser when you flopped Aces-up if you aren't intending to check-raise? If he didn't have an Ace (Did he?...it wasn't clear) then you're giving him the option to take free cards. Even worse, you could be giving everyone else at the table free cards to outdraw you.

If you either bet out or check-raise, he may fold fearing you've got a 6 or a better kicker. With this flop, betting is superior to checking and calling.

09-21-2001, 05:58 AM
NOt in town but in Ottawa ...1h45 from Mtl . I went there with Roland , because he has cancelled his own tuesday's game for the Jewish holydays .

09-21-2001, 06:05 AM
The only bad free card I could give would be card making a set to someone , there is no flush draw and no straight draw .I will make money if I give a free queen to someone who limp with QTo .

09-21-2001, 12:26 PM
Hi,

I am in the Montreal area and looking for a holdém game - can I assume from your message that there are holdém games in the Montreal area? Please let me know if I could join any of these games.

Best regards,

Keenan

09-21-2001, 03:07 PM
You're not going to make any money if you don't bet the best hand and everybody checks behind you.

The free turn card could give somebody a four-flush or straight draw who would have otherwise folded if you bet on the flop (if nobody else bet behind you). That gives them a draw to beat you on the river. Why check when so many people will chase backdoor draws?