PDA

View Full Version : SFGate Fossilman article

Ulysses
06-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Well, I guess it's technically a WSOP article (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2004/06/03/poker.DTL), but it has a lot on the Fossilman.

Then there's the Fossilman himself, who may have been flying the PokerStars flag at this year's WSOP but is far from your average Internet player. He's anything but average, and there's nothing Internet-related about his playing background.

Greg Raymer is not this year's Chris Moneymaker, who busted out of the tournament within two hours on the first day. Moneymaker didn't even outlast celebrity participants like Jimmy Kimmel's crazy Cousin Sal.

Raymer is a 39-year-old biotech patent attorney from Connecticut. His day job sounds as boring as Moneymaker's accounting gig, but that's where the similarities end. Raymer's been playing for nine years, has notched over 300 live tournaments (finishing third in the WPT finals at Foxwoods), and when I asked him if he considered himself a "professional," he nodded, gave me a lopsided grin and replied: "For tax purposes."

M2d
06-04-2004, 05:29 PM
shouldn't you be playing online instead of reading sfgate?

Ulysses
06-04-2004, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shouldn't you be playing online instead of reading sfgate?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I played as much as I read, holy cow I'd be rich.