PDA

View Full Version : hooray...party and empire and AOL finally kissed and made up

MicroBob
06-04-2004, 03:21 PM
in feb i stopped receiving empire HH's at my AOL address.
after bouncing back and forth between the two customer supports (AOL's and Empire's)
i finally learned that AOL was blocking e-mails from empire for breaking their spam policies (it took 4 tries before i found someone at AOL who could tell me that...the other reps thought i had accidentally added them to my spam-blocker).

the e-mails weren't even making it to my spam folder...they were being blocked before they even made it that far.

this was Feb 18 if i remember correctly.

opened a free yahoo account to get my HH's but it would fill quickly and i had to make sure i emptied it semi-frequently or else i would miss a couple. no big deal...a bit cumbersome but i got used to it.

empire originally assured me they were working with AOL to clear this up...but it seemed nothing ever came of it (i kept trying to change the address back but it still wasn't coming through).

the whole thing was bugging me more on principle than anything. i explained to AOL that i was specifically requesting these e-mails to input into my statstics program and they would explain back that this group has to clear up their violations of the spam policy..etc etc (which i suspect just came because other's requested HH's as well...and AOL detected masses of e-mails coming from the same address).

basically, i'm still getting a ton of e-mails everyday to try Vicodin, or get bigger breasts, or make money stuffing envelopes, or get up to $1000 advance on my paycheck from some internet loan-shark.....
but the e-mails that i actually WANTED to get wouldn't come through even though i told AOL i really wanted them.

i was going to leave AOL (and still might) but didn't quite get around to it.

in march or early april the same thing started happening with my party HH's (kind of funny that empire's were blocked but party's were still coming through to AOL for awhile).

no problem..i just switched my party e-mails to my free yahoo account also.

today i got a newsletter e-mail from empire at my AOL address. i think it was still on some sort of mailing list from signing up as an affiliate or some other time.

at the bottom it said 'this e-mail complies with AOL spam policies...if you don't wish to receive these e-mails contact' etc etc.

so...i changed my empire validated address back to AOL to see if it would work (it didn't work as of my most recent attempt 6-8 weeks ago or so)...and glory-be...it WORKS again.

since my AOL box virtually never fills up (never has before anyway) it should make my life a little bit easier.

just thought i would pass along the info in case any other AOL'ers have had the same problem.

Chief911
06-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Awesome. As a side note, if you ever have problems again, let me know, and I can give you a free email account at my little poker site.

Nick

BettnTibetn
06-04-2004, 05:49 PM

Chief911
06-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Its just being used as a redirect right now for an affiliate ad I have somewhere. Eventually I would like to have some SNG content, my poker blog (How much money I lose?), as well as opening up hosting for other people's poker blogs. And lastly, free email for people who want a pop3 account so they can easily pop their pokertracker HH's.

Like I said, right now its not done, so I haven't linked it to the outside world.

www.bettheriver.com (http://www.bettheriver.com)

If you want a free email, just PM me. And no, not going to farm and sell emails. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nick

MicroBob
06-04-2004, 07:33 PM
i might take you up on the free pop3....but right now my outlook express is screwed up and i need to get that taken care of.