09-19-2001, 09:44 PM
I have a pair of jacks in SB.

Two limpers then button raises

I call and BB calls.Flop is

Jc 4c 7d.Should I bet,check

raise or wait till turn to

checkraise.Results to follow.

09-19-2001, 09:55 PM
Bet the flop and hope that button raises on flop or turn so you could 3 bet. You have the best hand and you want to put money into the pot now.

09-19-2001, 11:05 PM
I agree 100%

09-19-2001, 11:56 PM
results

I checked, everyone checked to button.He

bet,I raised, all folded except button.

Turn was a blank. I bet - button called.

River was a 4 - I bet and button called

with pocket kings.I agree I shold have bet

the flop - but I doubt I would have

had many more callers.

Thanks

09-20-2001, 04:27 AM
In a raised pot with three opponents and a two-flush on board you should bet your top set and hope to get raised so you can reraise. Don't assume your opponents will bet your hand for you. You don't want to hand out a free card and have another club appear thereby either giving someone a better hand than you or giving them the opportunity of drawing out with only one club in their hand.

09-20-2001, 05:08 AM
i think you should have reraised before the flop. then bet the flop and hope you get raised. alot of players like to raise with less than premium hands when in late position. you will probably get bb out and maybe one or both of the limpers.

09-20-2001, 01:51 PM
The questions you should be asking yourself are these:

1. Will my opponents automatically check to the raiser?

2. Will the button bet AK even though he has 3 opponents?

3. Will the button raise my bet with AK?

4. Will the button fire twice i.e. flop and turn with AK if others show weakness {Note that these players are rare but when you find one, you should probably go for a turn checkraise}.

5. Will the button take your bet to mean a sign of weakness?

If you are unfamilar with the players and are not reasonably sure how they react to these types of situations, you should just bet and see what happens. You don't want to checkraise the flop because the bet will likely come from your right. You want to bet and trap players between you and the button. If he raises, you have several options: 3 betting it (the default play), playing the stop 'n go, checkraising the turn etc.

09-20-2001, 03:13 PM
Reraising preflop may be a good play if it gets the blinds and the limpers to fold so that you are heads-up with the button. The problem is when the limpers decide to both call. Theoretically, if the limpers could not raise initially, they should not call a double raise back to them but who knows what they will do?

09-20-2001, 03:25 PM
This is one instance where it is really nice to have aggressive players in the pot.

I would check almost for certain. here is what my plan would be:

1. If BB bets and all call, I would check-raise to build a big pot. If the flush gets there, C'est la vie. There is not too much you can do about it here. I would lead on the turn no matter what. This should mix up your play so that when you check-raise a flush draw in multi-way pots you won't be automatically giving your hand away.

2. If all check to the raiser, I would flat call and pray for an ace on the turn. If an Ace or King comes on the turn and there are 4 or more people still in the hand, I would check with the intention of check-raising. If no ace and no king I would lead out on the turn regardless of whether a club falls. If there are 3 or fewer people in the hand I would lead on the turn no matter what.

09-20-2001, 08:12 PM
even if the limpers call, its okay. they will not have a better hand then me most of ther time. so i don't mind them putting more money into the pot while i'm the favorite. and if i spike a jack on the flop even better! but the times i get them out preflop makes it an even better winning proposition.

09-20-2001, 11:51 PM
I agree. Reraise preflop. If they fold Q-T, great. If they call, not bad either.

I agree with Jim postflop. Bet and hope the button raises. Get a big club and beat them over the head.