PDA

View Full Version : Silly Pre-flop %% question

Webster
06-04-2004, 03:06 PM
NBot sure if I'm just to lazy to think about it or to dumb to understand the answer - HOWEVER.

Are all Pre-flop %% the same?

For instance

Is 40% in a 10 handed game the same as 40% in a 9 handed Game (Absolute) and carrying it a tad farther - is 40% the same in a short handed game.

40% in ten handed means 4 out of 10 are seeing the flop
40% in 9 handed means only 3.6 people are seeing the flop, BUT there are less people playing so on one hand you loosen ua a little but on the other hand the flop is actually lower then a ten handed game.

Another question is this

If I see the flop 25% in a ten handed game what would that be in a 9 handed game. When comparing the two games I seem to play a lot more hands in 9 handed games yet, I play the same game at both sites.

Spyder
06-04-2004, 03:38 PM
You're measuring two totally different things.

In the first, you're measuring how many people at a table, on average, see the flop.

In the second you're measuring how many flops you see compared to the number of hands you're dealt.

The answer is yes, they're the same, Percentage wise, for each circumstance.

Spyder

Webster
06-04-2004, 05:50 PM
It seems strange that I can be so radically different in two places with pre flop playing.

in 25,000 hands at Party I see ABOUT 27% in approx 10,000 hands at Absolute I see 33%.

What I am thinking is that 40% at Party for OTHERS seeing the flop is more like 35% at Absolute. So you have to take a 9 handed table into account (although the average at PArty is 9.1, the average at Absolute is more like 8).

bicyclekick
06-04-2004, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems strange that I can be so radically different in two places with pre flop playing.

in 25,000 hands at Party I see ABOUT 27% in approx 10,000 hands at Absolute I see 33%.

What I am thinking is that 40% at Party for OTHERS seeing the flop is more like 35% at Absolute. So you have to take a 9 handed table into account (although the average at PArty is 9.1, the average at Absolute is more like 8).

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're not playing micro limits, so you need to drop that % down about 5% at least. 27% is too high. 33% is fishy.

I'd say 18-20% is a good spot for the games I know you're playing 2/4...3/6.

I knwo that's not what you're talking about, I'm just trying to help out.

Webster
06-04-2004, 08:47 PM
I think seeing the flops 20% is way to low for 2/4 (in my opinion) unless you are poor at post flop play (not saying you are). I see 20% vol$pot but add about 7% for the blinds.

If a person is only seeing 20% flops he is missing a lot of great pots and is probebly not playing many suited connectors when the table conditions dictate it, (whis is a lot of times).

I'm just surprised at my 33% at Absolute as I play the same exact game (unless it get's to 7 handed). 33% IS way to much but you have to take into account the fact that you are seeing the blinds 10% more of the time.

I have no problem at all winning with 27% flops (but that was not the question - whether I was winning or losing).