PDA

View Full Version : Value bet river?

Inthacup
06-04-2004, 02:51 PM
This one's kinda thin

10-20 SH on Party(where else?). Players are aggro, but not maniacal. SB is pretty clueless.

Folded to CO who raises, I 3-bet with K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB calls, BB calls, CO caps, all call.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

checked to CO who bets, I raise, SB calls, CO 3-bets, I cap, both call.

A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, CO bets, I call(anyone fold here?), SB calls.

River: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, CO checks, action is to me. Bet or check?

What did my opponents(especially CO) have?

Cup

James282
06-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Value bet. CO has QT of diamonds.
-James

stoxtrader
06-04-2004, 03:00 PM
CO had QQ, SB had an OESD or a pair + gutshot. I think you check it through on the river cause SB is going for a c/r....

Ulysses
06-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Well, CO sure played it like QQ and SB could have anything, I guess. Something like 98, maybe?

Sometimes I bet here, sometimes I check. Depends in large part on how much checkraising has been going on and how much betting I've been doing.

Ulysses
06-04-2004, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB had an OESD or a pair + gutshot. I think you check it through on the river cause SB is going for a c/r....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. What OESD or pair + gs beats him on the river? Maybe I'm missing something.

James282
06-04-2004, 03:12 PM
I missed the part where the CO caps. Regardless, people cap with much bizarre holdings sometimes, which include QdTd /images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, I try not to question it. I bet the river and let them decide whether or not they want to call with KJ or QJ or QT or whatever. You almost surely have the SB beat, so you have an overlay on your bet.
-James

fyodor
06-04-2004, 03:20 PM
This is similar to another thread going right now where someone (shneids?) pointed out you are probably getting 2 to 1 on about a 50/50 bet.

SB could have anything but I would guess a Ten for 1 pair.
CO looks like QQ. If he is very tricky he might have JJ or AA and hope to induce a bluff so he can get in 1 more raise.

James282
06-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Surely you can fold to a raise if one comes.
-James

Inthacup
06-04-2004, 08:24 PM
When CO checked, the first thing I thought was 'he has QQ', but I wasn't sure if I actually thought that or if I conveniently thought it because it was the only realistic hand I beat. I had NO idea what SB had and my spider sense told me that a check-raise was coming from somewhere. I checked behind mostly because the only time I was ahead was in the absolute best case scenario(CO w/ QQ and SB with a busted draw).

SB showed Q 7un and CO showed the beautiful ladies I was hoping to see.

Someone mentioned the '2:1 odds on a 50/50 shot', which I think is somewhat valid, but if you think that SB is on a draw, then you're not really getting 2:1, right? However, I will be the first to question that logic, as there are many many times when I've seen players call with bottom pair or worse in a situation like this. To be honest, I'm still unsure of the correct river play.

Cup

Vagos
06-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Yea I too would have thought QQ for the CO, but no one mentioned the scenario of the SB having A7 or A8. Depends how dumb the player is, but I'd be concerned about one of those hands. I'd probably check it down.
-Andy

stoxtrader
06-06-2004, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SB had an OESD or a pair + gutshot. I think you check it through on the river cause SB is going for a c/r....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm confused. What OESD or pair + gs beats him on the river? Maybe I'm missing something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm coming back to this and I'm confused as well - for some reason I thought an OESD turn into two pair on the river with the J, but that's not possible. Q8 would be a double gutter but that still doesnt do it. apologies...