PDA

View Full Version : Comments please. QQ

Leo Bello
06-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

HERO ($9.75)
UTG+1 ($8.15)
MP1 ($10.10)
MP2 ($24.75)
CO ($16.80)
Button ($65.65)
SB ($10.65)
BB ($4.15)

Preflop: HERO is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">HERO raises to $0.5</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $0.75</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50, <font color="CC3333">HERO raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($4.50) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">HERO bets $4.5</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $9
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $4.50, won by HERO.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: $4.50, overbet by HERO.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. HERO wins $9. </font>

Question is: did i do right overbetting here? I thought that checking here, would kill my hand. I thought that betting the pot, I would make people fold thinking I had KK. The only person that would try to stay in was a real KK.
Even a AA could fold after my 3 bet pre flop and move post flop. And If i got called, would u drop on the turn? and if a Q appeared would u still drop it?

thanks

nothumb
06-04-2004, 02:58 PM
This post would be better suited to the NL forum.

That said, I think you should make a bigger raise with QQ pre-flop. I'm not much of a no-limit expert but I would raise to $1 at least right off the bat.

I like the aggression on the flop, but I think I'm a bit of a lunatic sometimes. Worked out well in this case. I think you should be very happy it ended on the flop; your bet was (I hope) designed to do just that and you can't really do much if it gets called.

chief444
06-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Raise more than 1 BB pf. You don't want a ton of callers with this. I'm not as much of a NL player (you should post this in the NL forum) but I would raise this to at least $1 pf (4BB's) if not more. The flop bet looks reasonable (pot sized bet) and you should probably fold to a raise or check/fold the turn if called, IMO. Again though take this FWIW b/c I'm not that good of a NL player.

Leo Bello
06-04-2004, 03:30 PM
First sorry for posting on the wrong forum. I thought since it was "low limit NL" i could do it here.

anyway, the intention was to end on the flop. If someone called I would fold or check the turn. (probably fold, cause I was going to be betted).

Pre flop I think I could have been more aggressive.

chief444
06-04-2004, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First sorry for posting on the wrong forum. I thought since it was "low limit NL" i could do it here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a problem. Just trying to point you in the right direction. You will get much better advice in the Pot-,No-Limit forum on this but I'm glad to offer my two cents. Just take it FWIW b/c I don't play NL often.

razor
06-04-2004, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pre flop I think I could have been more aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately you need to be more agressive. I'll typically bet something like 6x the BB.

I recommend avoiding the min-raise button. Especially if it's a min-raise for the value of the BB. If you are gonna raise then RAISE.

I'm not sure what the max buyin is at UB for the $0.25BB game but if it's $25 as I expect it is, then you should be topping up your stack anytime you are under the max buyin (assuming you are a winning player).