PDA

View Full Version : AQs early

Abagadro
06-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Very early in 20/2 NL MTT. No real reads on anyone. I'm UTG +2 and folded to me with AsQs. I raise it to 3BB (T45). MP player raises it to T75. Folded back to me and I call.

Flop comes down 3d 3s 2s.

What's your move?

Dentist
06-04-2004, 02:50 PM
I'd probably bet the pot, or you could go for a large check-raise....

I like betting here.

Jason Strasser
06-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Looks like a coinflip. He has a higher pocket pair or maybe AK, and you probably need your draw to hit to win this hand.

It comes back to whether you'd like to take a coinflip early, or not. Completely your choice.

His min raise suggests he has a hand he is not going to fold.

DerrekL
06-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Knowing nothing about the player I'd just assume he's bad so I'd be inclined to bet half the pot, hoping for a cheap draw. It's possible he'll toss A-K to such a bet. It's also quite possible that he'll flat call with a hand like A-A through 10-10 giving you the cheap draw. If he puts in a large raise and you don't suspect he has aces, you'll have to decide if you want to risk it with your 12-15 outs. At any rate if you do risk it quite often it's easier to scoot your whole stack in because if your card doesn't hit on the turn it's often easy for the oppenent to crush your pot-odds. If you dump your whole stack you're likely to be between 45%-55% if he calls with two cards to come. If you suspect he has aces or a 3 (which would be impossible to put him on) you should fold to the raise.