PDA

View Full Version : call this river check-raise?

Octopus
06-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Looking over this, I could have been more aggressive. I maybe should have bet the flop (though I think not); I maybe should have raised the turn. (Opinions?) Since I did not, I ended up facing this check-raise on the end with no idea where I stood. Would you have called it? SB sat down one orbit ago and in that time has folded every hand but one which he entered with a raise. (I did not see his cards; the hand was folded out pre-flop.) He sat down with only $15.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10 BB, between Hero and SB.</font>

nothumb
06-04-2004, 02:24 PM
When SB bets on the turn, I am inclined to think he has made a hand, probably a flush. When he check-raises the river into several opponents I am pretty sure of it.

I'd be pretty sure I was beat but it's a tough fold.

bisonbison
Fold preflop, bet the flop, raise the turn, bet the river and call a raise.

Octopus
Pot won by Hero (10 BB).

SB shows 6c As (two pair, aces and queens).
Hero shows Jh Ts (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB.

bisonbison
06-04-2004, 02:25 PM
When SB bets on the turn, I am inclined to think he has made a hand

The flop got checked around. He could have as little as middle pair.

nothumb
06-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Good point bison, I was ignoring the lack of betting on the flop.

Was mostly thinking about the flush-over-straight possibilities and even the off chance of a boat. My thought was SB played a small flush draw here. Probably too specific on the range he could hold.

chief444
06-04-2004, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, bet the flop, raise the turn, bet the river and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
What bisonbison said. I will add that if you are not able to play J-10o optimally post flop then it should definitely be folded from LMP pf. You should have won a larger pot here. Not raising the turn I think was the biggest mistake. And given your lack of aggression throughout the hand you should not even be considering laying this hand down to the river check/raise.

sfer
06-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Two off the button with two limpers in front, I think the limp is fine.

TheRake
06-04-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree

TheRake

bisonbison
06-04-2004, 05:25 PM

I raise AJo and KQo here. I don't limp any worse offsuits.

sfer
06-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Bison and Rake, let's say you're on the button and two limpers are to you with JTo and you expect to see the flop 5 ways. Limp?