PDA

View Full Version : Uber-Quest

Zeno
06-04-2004, 12:46 PM
1. I plan on playing poker tonight.

2. I plan on winning.

3. Results will not be posted to protect the innocent.

-Zeno

Zeno
06-05-2004, 02:20 AM
Played 5 hrs and 5 minutes (4/8 Omaha hi/low with half kill)- won $87 and that does not included the $6 I paid for a roast beef sandwhich and coke. As an added bonus, I got to see Tori Hunter's bottom of the ninth 2-out homer to win the game for the Minnesota Twins over Detroit.

Uber-Quest done, in Uber-manner, in Uber-style, and Uber-quick. While others struggle and straggle along doomed to ulimate failure; My Uber-quest is already complete, the goal acheive, the glory won.

In uber-humility,

-Zeno

Ulysses
06-05-2004, 02:57 AM

Failure.

bicyclekick
06-05-2004, 03:02 AM
It was a great home run. We really need to get back on track, and hopefully that's gonna light a fire under our ass.

Bob T.
06-05-2004, 03:12 AM
When they get Stewart back, and the offense starts firing on all cylinders again, I think they will be OK in the central division. Given the injuries that they have had so far, I think they have done a reasonable job. It is pretty hard to be competitive when you are playing with the second lineup on a low budget team.

Zeno
06-05-2004, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was referring to particular hands! But I understand that I was not specific enough in outlining the parameters and posting the results and now must resort to backtracking and obfuscation to declare victory. This taints the uber-quest results completely.

I will start a new Mega-Uber-Quest soon.

-Zeno

PS. Funny Post, Yours.

PPS. Why am I responding to a Ghost?

sthief09
06-05-2004, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When they get Stewart back, and the offense starts firing on all cylinders again

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize everyone says he "fired them up" last year, but I don't really see how an empty .300 hitter (he doesn't steal bases anymore, he doesn't walk much, and has no power) who plays corner outfield is going to turn a team around.

Mets are nasty /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bob T.
06-05-2004, 02:18 PM
realize everyone says he "fired them up" last year, but I don't really see how an empty .300 hitter (he doesn't steal bases anymore, he doesn't walk much, and has no power) who plays corner outfield is going to turn a team around.

Last night, they used Offerman, who is hitting .219 as DH. I think an empty bat that hits .300 could improve the whole offense.

sthief09
06-05-2004, 06:09 PM
they have a million talent-laden guys they never play. Restovich, Ford, Morneau, and Cuddyer, yet they think it's a good idea to start JOSE OFFERMAN at DH?

somehow that has to be Pohlads's fault

Bob T.
06-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Ford has been playing every day. Cuddyer played last night. Morneau, I believe is one of several injured players. They were using LeCroy at first because of Mientkewics wrist injury, so that is why they had to go all the way down the bench to offerman to get a DH.

Stewart might not be the answer to all of their problems, but he is just a symptom of all the injuries that they have, and for a while, when they get those guys back, it will get them 5-10 percentage points all up and down the lineup.

andyfox
06-06-2004, 02:50 AM
"I got to see Tori Hunter's bottom of the ninth 2-out homer to win the game for the Minnesota Twins over Detroit."

Do the Twins play in Uber-Humphrey Stadium?

Zeno
06-06-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do the Twins play in Uber-Humphrey Stadium?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is required. Humphrey was, after all, the Uber-Liberal Democrat. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Zeno