PDA

View Full Version : Hand 2 from last nights session

Kluddeludde
06-04-2004, 12:30 PM
I did not like how I played this hand. Feel free to flame me on all streets. SB is an ok player. Hasn't gotten out of line postflop, but is a bit loose preflop. BB is unknown to me.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB <font color="purple">(Semi-solid)</font> calls, BB <font color="purple">(Unknown)</font> calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Semi-solid bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Unknown raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Semi-solid caps</font>, Unknown calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Semi-solid checks, <font color="CC3333">Unknown bets</font>, Hero calls, Semi-solid calls.

River: (13 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Semi-solid checks, <font color="CC3333">Unknown bets</font>, Hero calls, Semi-solid calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 16 BB, between Semi-solid, Unknown and Hero.</font>

MercTec
06-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Pre flop, I think I just call here, with the UTG player opening.

On the flop I play it the same.

Turn I raise, you still have top pair good kicker and now you have a gutshot draw as well.
The check by semi-solid tells me nut flush draw.

I just call on the river after the bet.

Kluddeludde
06-04-2004, 03:01 PM
I think a raise preflop is in order. The typical party player will limp with lots of hands, even UTG, and I would love to play this one heads-up against him.

Maybe I should have raised the turn, but I was actually playing the hand as if I was on a draw since the flop action made me doubt my hand. I was actually even considering folding, since I feared a checkraise from SB. Obviously, the call on the river is a mistake if I thought my hand was bad already on the turn, but the big pot seduced me into a call.

Any comments?

Kludde

Kluddeludde
06-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Semi-solid shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif and unknown 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and my hand was no good.

When semi-solid capped the flop, I was sure I was behind and intended to play the hand like a drawing hand. Given my read, I really shouldn't have called the river, but the big pot seduced me.

Any comments?

Kludde

Guido
06-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Your preflop raise is normal. On the flop I like your 3-bet because that might drive the SB out and you get more information about where you stand. On the turn the BB bets into you after a 3-bet from you and a cap from the SB. I think he has two pair or trips so I would call my 3-6 outer getting 11:1. I fold on the river... The BB isn't bluffing and you know he beats top pair.

Guido

Kluddeludde
06-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Agreed. I really should've folded the river.

Kludde