PDA

View Full Version : KJo general preflop play

Moyer
06-04-2004, 12:11 PM
When playing .10/.20 and .5/1 I almost never played this hand (along w/ KTo, QJo, and JTo). Basically only in the SB for half a bet.

Now I'm playing 1/2 and I'm wondering if I'm missing out by tossing this every time. Of course since the tables are sometimes tighter here, I've been using it to steal the blinds.

Should I start limping or even raising with this hand in LP when against only 1 or 2 MP players? (I assume this would be the best time to play it).

Am I wrong to feel that KJo is a better hand than QJo & JTo?

easypete
06-04-2004, 01:05 PM
In EP, fold.
In MP, fold.
In LP, raise if first in, or call if at least 1 caller.
On SB, call unraised, fold if raised.
On BB to a raised pot, call if one other caller to raise, or if raise is from late position and others have called before the raise.

As for KJo vs QJo and JTo... play them about the same way... KJo is better heads up than QJ or JT, but QJ and JT are better than KJ in multiway pots.

Sarge85
06-04-2004, 01:54 PM
I generally open-fold with this hand.

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

NoChance
06-04-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm playing this the same way except for 2 things:

1. In MP3 I will raise if first in
2. I don't call raises with KJ unless I am defending the blind and the raise came from LP.

Clarkmeister
06-05-2004, 12:51 PM
I am going to make some assumptions here.

1. You are playing against bad playing opponents. They call too much preflop and play poorly after the flop.
2. You play much better than your opponents.

Given that:

No limpers:
UTG, UTG1 UTG2 you can fold.
MP1, MP2, MP3, CO, Button, SB you raise.

1 limper:
Fold up to MP3. Raise 1 limper from MP3 and onward.

With more than 1 limper you want to be careful about getting involved. You may fold against 2 decent limpers, but raise against 2 terrible limpers.