PDA

View Full Version : Early in a SNG vrs multiple AllIn's

DeadWallet
06-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Last night in a 5+.5 SnG at UB, It was around the 2nd round (maybe 3rd) so blinds around 10/20 (15/30). I have ~T1400 and most people are pretty close to T1000 1 big stack (~2k) 1 small stack (~400) (9 players)

I was dealt A10s on the Button and figured I would finally get to play a hand. when....

UTG went All in for ~T400, another EP player called, a MP player raised (all in) to ~T650 or so, and a late player called that.

I sat in shock for a second, then mucked the hand. But it got me thinking, How good of a hand would I toss here. I have no doubt that getting rid of AT was correct, but what about AK. Maybe even play a mid pair incase I hit a set? Losing almost almost 1/2 my stack would certainly have been a setback, but the pot odds were very inticing.

What do you all think?

thanks
Dead Wallet

Chief911
06-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Easy fold. There are so many hands that could have you beat, and with that many people in the all in, probably atleast two of them have you beat.

Heck, I get a bit nervous about playing AA or KK when there are two people all in in front of me. That may be a bit weird, but that's me.

Nick

cartoonsoldier
06-04-2004, 12:21 PM
AA, KK, AKs is prolly the only hands I would consider playing.

eastbay
06-04-2004, 12:23 PM
With two all-ins in front early, I'll play AA and almost always KK, but probably nothing else, save some kind of unusual circumstance like a known maniac and a known knower of maniac calling the "bluff."

eastbay

Beavis68
06-04-2004, 01:27 PM
I agree, I have actually tossed AK this spot, and wished I had in others. When there are multiple all-ins, it is almost certain that someone has a pair, and someone has an A or K in their hand. This really kills your outs.