You raise
UTG+1 3-bets
MP1 caps
Folded back to you.
Call or fold?

Assuming you called
Flop K84 rainbow

How do you play this?

On my hand. I bet out the flop, was raised by UTG+1, MP1 cold called. I called. Then bet out the turn (6 clubs), raised again by UTG+1, cold called again by MP1, and I folded. MP1 folded to a river bet, so I have no idea what either had.

I dunno, something about this hand doesnt sit right with me. Maybe its becuase I didnt get to see their hands, rather then my play.

chief444
06-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Easy pf call.

I think you can safely assume you are behind on the flop with a raise and cold-call behind you though (and considering pf action). Calling one more SB when it comes back to you on the flop may be OK but is close. Turn check/fold is good.

juanez
06-04-2004, 12:15 PM
This looks fine to me.
Preflop call is SOP with QQ.
I might check/fold the Turn, but betting out here isn't terrible either IMHO. Since you bet out, UTG+1 raised and MP1 cold called on the Turn, I think folding was best.

Jeff
06-04-2004, 12:24 PM
As it was capped preflop (Which I'd call), I'd bet the flop, and fold to a raise unless I knew the player was capable of bluffing.

If he capped the flop, he has AA, KK, AK, MAYBE AQ, AJ, QQ, JJ, or TT. obviously the maybes are good, but he won't be capping the flop unless he's a very agressive player with those, but if he's a good player he may have been trying to isolate you.

Typical loose/passive player though, they almost definitely have AA or KK, as they will limp with most anything, and won't get super excited unless they see a big pocket pair.

Player reads are important. I don't have many hands in pokertracker, but it's amazing how it helps me read a player. In a situation like this, I'll bring the guy's name up and look at their PFR, if it's rather high, then don't fear so much, but if it's low, you know he has a hand.