PDA

View Full Version : Help me im getting the fear.

Cptkernow
06-04-2004, 08:12 AM
Look I dont want to bore you guys with a bad beat story.

However you have to trust me that on PS's 50's 1 table and 2 table I have just endured a run of bad beats not just bad but cruel.

Anyway Im loosing my feckin mind. I see this as a seminal moment in my poker career. Trust me Ive ran bad before on numerous occasions, but this feels like something different.

The cards seem to fall in such a way that i cant avoid getting fecked that I am begining to feel persecuted. Its like the cards actualy hate me for some reason.

I have pulled myself together and got real about this. But then I buy into a tournament and then it happens again. To give you an idea of my mental state, I am well well past the point of wanting to headbut the monitor. Every time the cards come out and help the guy who I have totaly dominated it reminds me of when I used to box and someone landed a good punch in the solar plexus.

I go limp and stare forward in disbelief that it could have happened again.

Anyway. The point of this is not to ask for help dealing with the inevitable tilt issues that this provokes, but I need help reinforcing the rational part of my mind that knows the shuffle is fair and true.

I know it is, but fingers of doubt are reaching into my psyche and I need to squash them.

Cheers

Kernow.

memphis_aces
06-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Wow....lots of help so far /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm relatively new to the game (6mo) so I don't have a whole lot of experience to draw on here.....but I will say that I've been on a pretty bad run once before and it certainly drove me up a wall.

If you don't rely on Poker for a large part of your income, I'd suggest getting out of the game for a bit....or switch it up. So you play online at pokerstars? Try cashing out some of your chips and moving over to Party for a while. Play some low-level games (maybe $10 or $20 SNGs) and build your confidence back up.... or better yet, go for a complete change of scenery...start playing some home games or at local cardrooms. Switch it up a bit. The online rooms can feel a bit rigged sometimes....get away from it, or get back down to the levels where you can laugh when you get drawn out on instead of it stinging.

Cptkernow
06-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Well I do rely on poker for my income.
However the one thing keeping me sane and solvent is that I am running good at party poker.

Thanks for the input though,

Cheers

Kernow.

carpola
06-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Worry more about making the correct decisions and less about results (easier said than done).

It's actually a sign that your playing well when your dominating them and they suckout on you.

Take some time out from poker or maybe keep track of all the suckouts you put on other players to put things in perspective.