PDA

View Full Version : AA...am I a suck out on this?

RED_RAIN
06-04-2004, 06:24 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP3 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $1 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 17.50 BB, between MP3, Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (17.50 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 2 BB, between Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (2 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP3 shows Qs 6h (three of a kind, queens).
Hero shows Ac As (two pair, aces and queens).
Button shows 8c 8s (full house, eights full of queens).
Outcome: Button wins 19.50 BB. </font>

bwana devil
06-04-2004, 11:26 AM
looks fine to me. i would have gotten nervous after the cap on the flop but i still would have followed it to the end. AA is just an expensive hand to lose on. no avoiding it sometimes.

dfscott
06-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Terrible river card, but you have to call it. Looks good to me.

WiredPear
06-04-2004, 11:45 AM
AA are a tough hand, especially when they don't improve. I think you played it pretty aggressive on the flop, which was fine. I like the bet on the turn. The button could've been raising his flush draw. But you can't give free cards. So I don't have a problem there. The only bet you could've saved was on the river. It didn't look too good. There was a possible flush, straight, trip Qs. Your pocket rockets didn't look too good at that point. But the crying call isn't wrong, depending on the game. If these were loose players who called down with anything, then your call was correct. If they were solid players, I'd say fold to the bet, especially because there was a player behind you still to act. But it's definitely not a bad play. Tough hand though. Pocket Rockets are great, but you really want them to improve or get a weak board that doesn't help anyone.