PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

09-16-2001, 11:42 AM

09-16-2001, 12:04 PM
hey, ya just gotta hope these experts never run outta cash...gl..

09-16-2001, 01:42 PM
When you raise in early position and are called by someone with a 5-2o you have theorectically won money. That should be the end of the issue.

09-16-2001, 05:24 PM
Your statements regarding the "know it all" suggest you may care too much about what apparently inferior players think of your play.

Raising with marginal UTG openers like AJ is profitable when you are apt to steal the blinds, isolate the blinds, and/or when the game is passive with extremely weak opponents who call raises with garbage (which is much more common in the lowest limit games).

09-16-2001, 09:36 PM
Michael, do you ever consider this when UTG?

"Raising with marginal UTG openers like AJ is profitable when you are apt to steal the blinds ..."

I believe AJ to be a marginal hand that can be limped in or raised with, in non-tough games. Kind of a learning experience on how to fold hands after the flop while makeing a slight profit.

In any game where the postflop play is very good, it's probably better to muck this one UTG IMO.

Regards

Mike N

09-17-2001, 05:31 AM
I do sometimes raise UTG with AJ in hope of stealing the blinds. If you exercise good game selection, you will not have this opportunity (unless you're playing short-handed).

09-17-2001, 01:25 PM

09-17-2001, 03:45 PM
I don't understand why you would check the turn. If he's bad enough to cold-call with 52o, then he's probably also bad enough to chase gutshot draws, bottom pair, etc. (not to mention jack-bad kicker).

And what are you doing worrying about what some guy who plays 52o says about your play? Raising with AJo UTG is very marginal, but if you're going to get passive with it after a board of J-7-5-2, then maybe you shouldn't play it.