PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

09-16-2001, 11:22 AM

09-16-2001, 02:02 PM
I think your first paragraph is contradictory. You are describing a player who is willing to make some plays, perhaps a little too often. Now when he raises after a couple of limpers he can only have a premium hand. To me that means either a big pair, AK, or AQs. Well you can't have it both ways. From you initial statement it seems to me that if it is accurate this player will also raise with many additional hands like KQo and JTs.

I also suspect you are not really confident as to how this person plays. When that's the case you should revert back to an "automatic pilot" type strategy and forget about who you are against. So, while I do agree that calling with QQ in this spot can be correct against a small number of players, you need to be very sure that you have catergorized your opponent correctly. From your desription that does not seem to be the case.

Your second paragraph seems to imply that you are in the big blind and not on the button. If that's the case, you should be more inclined not to rerasie before the flop.

As for your last paragraph, I think it is a little silly. Things came down absolutely perfect for you and you got a lot of action. However, hands like this will have very little impact on your overall results because they are so rare. Furthermore, if you had made it three bets before the flop, given that it came as it did, your opponent would have been there anyway and you would have still gotten a bunch of bets in on the river.

09-16-2001, 05:47 PM
I'm interested in what chips are on the table to make 15-30 1/2 kill (==> kill is to 22.50-45) work or if its really a kill to 25-50 or some such?